Unhappy Sick and tired of all of the flies around my BGE

How do I get rid of all of the flies that seem to be attracted to my BGE once it is fired up? I live in N.E. Georgia and every fall to winter and every winter to spring I have to fight of way too many flies! They get in the house as I enter and exit to service/check the grill in numbers...We keep a clean house and I keep a clean egg...this is disgusting! Anybody have the answer? Please help! Thanks!

2. Member

3. Member
    Thanks buccaneer....very interesting information!

4. Member
    Assalt-a-Bug. More fun than a barrel of monkeys

5. Member
    Ended up buying the sticky tapes that come in a cylinder and hung them near the egg and near the entry/exit door...wow the amount of flies they caught were alarming! Also bought a rolled product that sits on a stand for the interior and it worked very well too...until my wife couldn't stand looking at it in the house and set it on my egg table outside...then the next morning there was a bird with both wings stuck to it still trying to get loose from it!...then we had another bird get stuck in the sticky tapes near the door! I have heard of the Assault a bug...but it seems like it would leave quite a mess inside and be pretty fun outside...there we so many outside that I couldn't have ever got them all though....I also tried some of the natural potions that were suggested without much luck...thanks gentlemen! ....Just thought I would share my experiences with you!