Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use 1/8 tape also.

2. Member
    I cut thin strips of masking tape for guides to about #5 size. For smaller guides I use the micro-guide bands. I used hot melt glue for a while, but then I had a guide or two get loose. When checking for the problem it seemed that the epoxie did not get under the guide foot due to the glue. I will say that was with standard hot melt glue, not glue made for guide wrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    Zip ties are hard enough to cut as it is .... I couldn't imagine having to cut one off a rod while it's holding on a single foot running guide. Heck, any guide at all for that matter.
    I use the tubing that Mud Hole sells, You can cut it as wide or as skinny as you want, holds them securely, leaves no residue, and is easy to remove.
    You're using the wrong type of zip ties if you can't cut them with a sharp blade. Blade doesn't cut the blank. You simply push down with the blade on the zip tie parallel to the blank and it pops off. We never have damaged blanks and we literally have thousands done this way. Way faster than tape, easy to adjust for straightness. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADVAN View Post
    I cut thin strips of masking tape for guides to about #5 size. For smaller guides I use the micro-guide bands. I used hot melt glue for a while, but then I had a guide or two get loose. When checking for the problem it seemed that the epoxie did not get under the guide foot due to the glue. I will say that was with standard hot melt glue, not glue made for guide wrapping.
    Pretty much the same stuff. If you have glue under the foot, it's not going to dissolve and have epoxy take it's place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12