Question Repower questions:

Guys: 250 ProXS on order. A couple of questions. 1) Is the clean power harness needed on an analog engine? I read the this harness has the DTS module as a component. I was under the impression that the analog engine would plug into the harness from my Opti.
    2) Part numbers for the water pressure sensor, any other hardware that is necessary.
    3) With the digital water pressure sensor will it also display in my current in dash gauge? I do have the Merc Monitor system which shows on the dash gauge and on the monitor.
    On a side note: any prop recommendations? My boat is a 2014 Ranger Z520C, 8" Bob's hydraulic jack plate, with 2 10' Power Pole Blades.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving.

2. Member
    The clean power harness is needed weather it is CMS or DTS.
    As for part numbers your dealer should have the proper part numbers.
    If your gauge is digital it will read, if it has the Ranger pressure transducer and analog gauge you will to Add a "T" connection to the transducer along with the digital sensor for the Merc Monitor.
    I would start with a 23 Fury 3 and go from there.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    20" model engine will COME WITH the Clean Power Harness.

You will need a rigging tube kit, a 5' extension for the keyswitch harness, and new 3/8" line from the tank to the engine (direct with no other filters, bulbs, etc).

Suggest 23P Bravo-1 FS as an excellent choice for your engine setup (especially if you run heavy).

See Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the forum)- email the Parts Department for assistance with sensors and accessories for your Smartcraft.

Note: Speed question depends on where you are getting your speed from currently. GPS speed displaying with your old engine, or are you using Pitot speed?

Also, strongly recommend a Factory Reset of your MercMonitor, as it should then be set up properly for your new engine (and it's maintenance reminder features, as well).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor