Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jack pad height 202 pro v

Trying to determine best jack pad height for my 2007 Blazer 202 Pro V 250 Pro XS. Current setup:

1.75” below pad
    27p Fury 3 blade
    74.5 mph at 6000 rpm (gps)
    just me in boat live wells empty

I’m hearing this boat should run 80... any suggestions?
    Last edited by Basshead35; 11-17-2018 at 10:18 AM.

2. Member
    Bueller, anyone ???
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

3. Member
    What lower unit are you running?

4. Member
    I believe it is the Fleet Master. It has a low water pick up though. 20 PSI water pressure at current setup.

5. AnglersPortJohn
    Fury props usually don't like to run that high. I have not ran one on a blazer yet so I don't know for sure if that's true on that hull but typically they like to run a little deeper. Sounds like it slipping if your only running 74 at 6000 rpm through 1.75 gears. Id try a 27 Tempest or Trophy if you can.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The first thing to do is to get rid of the Fury. Historically, 202s with Mercs have always performed better with a 4 blade prop and you should be anywhere from 1in - 1/2in below the pad depending on the load.

7. Member
    Yep to what Rebel said.

8. Member
    I am trying different heights. I raised the motor up to 1” below pad with the Fury. Going to run it this weekend and see how it affects my top end and handling. I also have a 26p four blade Trophy plus and I will swap and see the difference. I will report back when I am done. Thanks......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Basshead35; 11-22-2018 at 10:51 AM.

I was chasing the same issue. What prop to run. I just put a 250xs on my boat and had been running a 26p Trophy previously with a 200 2.5. I had always ran a Trophy thinking it was the best prop but Rebel mentioned a TXP 4 blade. What i found is the Trophy needs to be a bit deeper and the TXP will out run that Trophy any day. With my Trophy i push 72mph. The TXP 82-84mph. The TXP is fairly inexpensive compared to the Mercury line of props. If you can get your hands on a loner I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerVA View Post
    I was chasing the same issue. What prop to run. I just put a 250xs on my boat and had been running a 26p Trophy previously with a 200 2.5. I had always ran a Trophy thinking it was the best prop but Rebel mentioned a TXP 4 blade. What i found is the Trophy needs to be a bit deeper and the TXP will out run that Trophy any day. With my Trophy i push 72mph. The TXP 82-84mph. The TXP is fairly inexpensive compared to the Mercury line of props. If you can get your hands on a loner I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
    Was your TXP 4 blade a 26Pitch?

I went to big on the first one. It was a 29p. I could only turn 5400 rpm with it but would run low 80. I'm also in a 190 prob. I traded it for a 27p TXP. Ran it today for the first time but the wind was 25-30 and 1-2ft chop. I was at 60mph and 4500rpm. I've gotta torque master and can't raise it up but so far til I put a low water pickup on it.

12. Member
    I went to big on the first one. It was a 29p. I could only turn 5400 rpm with it but would run low 80. I'm also in a 190 prob. I traded it for a 27p TXP. Ran it today for the first time but the wind was 25-30 and 1-2ft chop. I was at 60mph and 4500rpm. I've gotta torque master and can't raise it up but so far til I put a low water pickup on it.
    I will look into the TXP. I have had an issue with my high pressure pump and am awaiting parts. I do not have a torque master but am told it is the same gear ratio just stronger parts as the Fleet master.

13. Member
    Update: Raised to 3/4" below pad with 27 fury and ran 68 mph at 5800 rpm with a buddy and gear and full tanks. 3 Blade fury loses speed when raised.
    Going to try some different props.

14. Member
    A tempest ran very well on the 202. So did a 3blade ET but it's not for fishing. The tempest, trophy, and 4blade TXP were great for fishing.

15. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The Fury is junk on a properly set up Blazer.

16. Member
    Why is the Fury junk on a Blazer? Does it have to do with the hull design, weight, or width of the Blazer? Or is it the sum of all the things including the Fury being a different design all together and just doesn't match up well on a Blazer.?

17. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The sum of the parts.

18. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I wonder how one of the Pro Max props would run on your set up.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    The sum of the parts.
    ok that's what I assumed. Once the set up is found it should be able to run 80 mph loaded down, I would think.?

20. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    It should.....there are other variables as well. Driver ability, load, and the boat itself but all things being equal it should be a low 80s rig loaded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast