Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This is my system. Have two of these in a garage closet. When I need to organize tackle I put the boxes out of my boat on a table and roll the two racks out. I then can add what I need and put tackle back in the storage bins that I don’t want to carry. Then roll them back in the closet.

There is way more tackle in my fishing room closet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Crap laying around the garage

IMG_2579 by dean c, on Flickr

IMG_2578 by dean c, on Flickr

Old pic several more added

IMG_1662 by dean c, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    What do you use all those little tiny crank baits for, crappie?
    There's times those tiny cranks are the only thing that gets bit. Over the years I've nailed more than my fair share of chunks on little baits like them. I fish for just about anything that swims, they're all good to me
    Ranting incoherently

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    This is just my crappie tackle. I know, why so many colors? Because they make and sell them..
    When you are fishing for Crappie it's not for five fish limits and besides there are a whole of friends, family and neighbors depending upon you to supply the Fish for Fish Fry's.

That's a big responsibility and you certainly wouldn't want to let those hungry folks down making them eat some manufactured Fish Flavored Sawdust that was pressed into the shape of Filet would you? That would be a total insult to your wife's Homemade Coleslaw and the other fine food created for your guests.

With so much pressure on your shoulders you had better have an adequate arsenal to accommodate whatever colors those Crappie happen to want...Now are you sure you have enough Crappie Rods looks like you might be running low?

6. Member
    I just put all mine back in the boat and theres no way I'm pulling it out for a pic. I keep telling myself I should do the deal where I only take what I need but that doesnt happen. I just keep adding more.

7. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    When you are fishing for Crappie it's not for five fish limits and besides there are a whole of friends, family and neighbors depending upon you to supply the Fish for Fish Fry's.

That's a big responsibility and you certainly wouldn't want to let those hungry folks down making them eat some manufactured Fish Flavored Sawdust that was pressed into the shape of Filet would you? That would be a total insult to your wife's Homemade Coleslaw and the other fine food created for your guests.

With so much pressure on your shoulders you had better have an adequate arsenal to accommodate whatever colors those Crappie happen to want...Now are you sure you have enough Crappie Rods looks like you might be running low?
    I have 6-8 more in the rod locker..And yes, we have a lot of fish fries and everyone loves crappie.

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Sounds about right just don't let your inventory slip you wouldn't want to run low in the boat and have to run home for more.
    Crazy thing is, I rarely lose one and I throw them in pretty thick stuff sometimes. What ends up breaking them is bridge piers, Rip rap, and other urban obstructions I fish. But yes I have a few too many lol.
    LET'S GO BLUES!!! WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024?

9. Member
    as far as the wife knows it's only a couple $100

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Crap laying around the garage

IMG_2579 by dean c, on Flickr

IMG_2578 by dean c, on Flickr

Old pic several more added

IMG_1662 by dean c, on Flickr

Son you are loaded for bear! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    Son you are loaded for bear! LOL
    big sale on bbc someday...

This is just my crappie tackle. I know, why so many colors? Because they make and sell them..
    Lots of Crappie in our local lakes. Sometimes I try to catch a batch for dinner. If I wanted to just carry a basic color selection what would you suggest?

I buy what I use pretty much as needed, and I use what I buy. Usually keep 2-3 of the baits I use most frequently in the boat, and replenish as necessary. If something I use is on sale I’ll buy 10 or more, and keep them in tubs in the shop. Most stuff though, I buy only a couple at a time. I don’t see any sense in keeping way more tackle than I’ll ever use in the boat.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I buy what I use pretty much as needed, and I use what I buy. Usually keep 2-3 of the baits I use most frequently in the boat, and replenish as necessary. If something I use is on sale I’ll buy 10 or more, and keep them in tubs in the shop. Most stuff though, I buy only a couple at a time. I don’t see any sense in keeping way more tackle than I’ll ever use in the boat.
    Same for me.

16. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Lots of Crappie in our local lakes. Sometimes I try to catch a batch for dinner. If I wanted to just carry a basic color selection what would you suggest?
    Around here it's anything with chartreuse. I do well with Blk/Chrt, Orange/Chart, white/chart.

Dale Sinclair original

I like organization

russian photo hosting site

18. Member
    The first step in recovery in tackle hoarding is admitting you have a problem.

I do not have a problem so I am on step zero in my mind.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Same here , I love good tackle but if I want to look at 150 bags of plastics that would last a lifetime , I'd go to BPS or get on line at TW .

Around here it's anything with chartreuse. I do well with Blk/Chrt, Orange/Chart, white/chart.
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast