Thread: ETEC/NEMA

ETEC/NEMA

Anyone have the NEMA connection set up on the ETEC? I’m looking at adding a second helix 12 at the console and wondering if this would be a nice addition. I’m running a 2014 G1 225 HO, Any idea on cost? Do you get motor hours, codes, etc?

2. Member
    I have it. I believe the interface cable was around $100. You get a lot of info...temp, hours, wp(if NMEA), rpm, volts...not sure about codes though. I use it most for monitoring fuel usage...you’ll also need the memory module if you want to do that too.

It's really nice to have, like chrisa said, monitoring MPG is pretty neat as well as all the other stuff. For WP you need the extra WP sensor which I added and I like having that too. You ca even monitor Load which can be important for some things.
    Do it, you won't regret it. I used an HDS 2T
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    Dumb question but, who actually sells the adapter and what you need? Is it Evinrude product that plugs into my humminbird unit or is it humminbird product that adapts to Evinrude? I typically do all my own installation with my electronics, just don’t see a lot of clear information about the NEMA and who sells it, what parts are necessary, etc.
    thanks for the information I definitely see the appeal.

5. Member
    Google “evinrude interface cable” and you’ll find what you’re looking for. I know Lowrance sells one and I know there are other non-branded ones available. I believe any of them will do the job. They typically come with a tee connector to tee into your NMEA backbone...assuming you have a backbone installed. If not, you’ll also need a NMEA starter kit.