Thread: Talon mount

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On the part that connects the Talon to the mount there should be a plate on the bottom. The purpose of the plate is to cover the hole so water is not scooped up with forward movement of the boat. It might be possible you have lost yours. I have never heard of one coming off but this did come to my thought as to what can cause water to spray.

Also make sure to install the universal side mount or universal sandwich mount (whichever one you have ) as high as possible. Once you have the mounting bracket as high as you can go then install the talon itself as high as you can on the universal mount. If you have the skid plate and everything is mounted as high as it can go there should be no water spray issues.

When you say "water bathing the talon and not hitting the cowling" can you be more specific. I am sorry I do not understand that comment.

2. Member
    Plate is there both mount on Jack plate and talon up only diff.is two spacers on port side approx.one and half inch the water coming up between engine and port talon on plane is such that you cannot see behind boat on full trim.starboard is fine and haven,t raised all the way.as no one interested in a 2015 z9 will prob just do talon mounts.

3. Member
    Got it thanks for help.both mounts are same part number and marked port and starboard.the star bracket bracket brace is the full height of bracket while the port is one half or less the height and the braces have the part number on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12