Thread: Hartwell

Banned

Hartwell

I am making my annual Thanksgiving week trip to Hartwell next week and just curious about the water conditions. I know what the water level is but just curious if the Creeks are dirty? And what is the water temperature? Last year during Thanksgiving it was very warm but the fish were still up in the creeks. we always come to bass fish but I hope we run into those striped fish like we normally do. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Went yesterday I was surprised to see that the creeks were not dirty we just got about 6 inches of rain this past week. Water temp was 62 to 64 depending on where you are, lots of bait in the Creeks though and it's small about 1 in.The bite was kind of tough some local tournaments it only took 10-12 lbs to win don't know if you're interested or not but they're doing the black friday tournament on Friday out of Broyles landing it's a $200 entry fee but if they get 20 boats it will pay 1400$ to first place. Payout is 1 in 6

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    Went yesterday I was surprised to see that the creeks were not dirty we just got about 6 inches of rain this past week. Water temp was 62 to 64 depending on where you are, lots of bait in the Creeks though and it's small about 1 in.The bite was kind of tough some local tournaments it only took 10-12 lbs to win don't know if you're interested or not but they're doing the black friday tournament on Friday out of Broyles landing it's a $200 entry fee but if they get 20 boats it will pay 1400$ to first place. Payout is 1 in 6
    Thank you for the information sir. I greatly appreciate it that helps a lot.

4. Member
    I was there this morning. Water temp was about 56 57 in deep water and 52 to 55 in shallow water. Didn't get a hit in shallow water. Caught a few spots in about 14 to 16 foot on a red eye rattle trap.