Thread: SI on DI models

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SI on DI models

Hey guys,

looking at switching from lowrance to HB. I don’t understand how the units are listed. The DI models say they don’t do SI is that just because they don’t come with the transducers??? Say I want 3 Solix units

12 SI at console - ducer at rear
    10 DI at bow linked to console - ducer on TM
    10 DI at bow - 360

the bow DI unit that’s using the TM ducer will that not be able to display SI data from the console unit??
    or would it have to be a SI model as well?

Ive read on another post that the DI models can display the 360.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite | Merc 250 ProXS

I believe these units can do this as long as they are networked through the ethernet hub. Only one I`m not sure of is the SI on the DI unit,almost positive you can,but the reading will be in the back of boat where transducer is mounted.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

There is no DI model SOLIX that comes with a DI transducer. The G2 DI models do not come with a transducer (CHO), they are for the DI transducer equipped Minnkota trolling motors.
    There are SI and Sonar models in the three screen sizes. The SI model comes with a SI transducer that does SI/DI/2D/Temp.
    The Sonar (CHIRP) model comes with a 2D only transducer that does 2D/Temp.
    With either version, you can purchase a DI transducer and they will become DI/2D units.
    Bottom line is the SI version can be a SI model, a DI model, or a 2D model depending on which transducer you connect to it.
    The CHIRP version can be a 2D model or a DI model depending on which transducer you connect to it.

You can share all sonar technologies with any model, just need at least one in the network that has that capability/transducer.

360 is an Ethernet accessory so with three displays and a 360, that is four Ethernet connections if you want all connected together. If you add an iPilot LINK Minnkota trolling motor, that is a total of five Ethernet connections. The AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch is needed to have all connected together. Each device is connected to the Ethernet Switch with an Ethernet cable.
    All models will display the 360. Don't even need a sonar transducer connected to view 360.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

The (CHO) G2 models can be a DI or CHIRP unit depending on the connected transducer. Just is a lower cost model due to no included transducer.

You can have a Helix model that has Ethernet capability in the mix and display 360 on that also, but would only be able to share waypoints with the SOLIX units.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 11-16-2018 at 06:12 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Banned
    My Solix g1 does this also. I have one of the Lowq/Di transducers on one unit and it shows both.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The (CHO) G2 models can be a DI or CHIRP unit depending on the connected transducer. Just is a lower cost model due to no included transducer.

You can have a Helix model that has Ethernet capability in the mix and display 360 on that also, but would only be able to share waypoints with the SOLIX units.

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    My Solix g1 does this also. I have one of the Lowq/Di transducers on one unit and it shows both.
    I gave the Low-Q DI transducer also and can display it on the ONIX. Can also split off the 2D to have Low-Q 2D with SI.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

There is no DI model SOLIX that comes with a DI transducer. The G2 DI models do not come with a transducer (CHO), they are for the DI transducer equipped Minnkota trolling motors.
    There are SI and Sonar models in the three screen sizes. The SI model comes with a SI transducer that does SI/DI/2D/Temp.
    The Sonar (CHIRP) model comes with a 2D only transducer that does 2D/Temp.
    With either version, you can purchase a DI transducer and they will become DI/2D units.
    Bottom line is the SI version can be a SI model, a DI model, or a 2D model depending on which transducer you connect to it.
    The CHIRP version can be a 2D model or a DI model depending on which transducer you connect to it.

You can share all sonar technologies with any model, just need at least one in the network that has that capability/transducer.

360 is an Ethernet accessory so with three displays and a 360, that is four Ethernet connections if you want all connected together. If you add an iPilot LINK Minnkota trolling motor, that is a total of five Ethernet connections. The AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch is needed to have all connected together. Each device is connected to the Ethernet Switch with an Ethernet cable.
    All models will display the 360. Don't even need a sonar transducer connected to view 360.

Déroutant pour le moins

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

I think his main question is can the bow Di unit see Di from the TM TD and the si from the transom 2d/di/si TD.

I think I asked this a while ago and answer was no. Lets see what the more knowledgeable guys say.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    I think his main question is can the bow Di unit see Di from the TM TD and the si from the transom 2d/di/si TD.

I think I asked this a while ago and answer was no. Lets see what the more knowledgeable guys say.
    The answer is YES, any sonar technology can be shared to any unit, just need at least one unit on the network that has a transducer that has the technology.
    Already stated it before in the second paragraph on post #3.
    It's called Cross-sharing. It's been that way since the first software update for the XX9 models.

SOLIX and Helix will do that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Thanks guys, so basically they’re all the same exact units. Just labeled differently by what ducer they are bundled with it seems.

So for above set up I need a Ethernet hub. Also would add a heading sensor is that Ethernet also?

Quote Originally Posted by Dam0007 View Post
    Thanks guys, so basically they’re all the same exact units. Just labeled differently by what ducer they are bundled with it seems.

So for above set up I need a Ethernet hub. Also would add a heading sensor is that Ethernet also?
    No they are not all the same units. There is a SI model and a Sonar model. You cannot add a SI transducer to a Sonar model and get SI.

The 360 comes with a AS GPS HS antenna that does GPS and Heading. It is not a network antenna, it connects directly to a display and is shared via Ethernet.
    That antenna is like the Point1 in function, but is not a network accessory.
    You would need the AS GPS NMEA adapter cable to connect the antenna to one of the units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    No they are not all the same units. There is a SI model and a Sonar model. You cannot add a SI transducer to a Sonar model and get SI.

The 360 comes with a AS GPS HS antenna that does GPS and Heading. It is not a network antenna, it connects directly to a display and is shared via Ethernet.
    That antenna is like the Point1 in function, but is not a network accessory.
    You would need the AS GPS NMEA adapter cable to connect the antenna to one of the units.
    Gotcha. So I’ll end up with 3 pucks lol one for the 360 one for the TM and one for Console unit... so the NMEA will be from puck to console unit and that’s it or will it have to NMEA to all 3 units?

Quote Originally Posted by Dam0007 View Post
    Gotcha. So I’ll end up with 3 pucks lol one for the 360 one for the TM and one for Console unit... so the NMEA will be from puck to console unit and that’s it or will it have to NMEA to all 3 units?

The units have internal GPS antennas.
    You would only need ONE AS GPS HS antenna. Place that at the transom and use its GPS for the console unit so sonar and GPS location is at the same place. Share Heading to the bow unit/s via ETHERNET so you get a stable position indication when at less than .6 MPH.
    GPS cannot calculate direction when going less than .6 mph.
    Also the Heading Sensor part will allow you to view waypoints on the 360 view.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Do these units share transducers (you select which one you want) through the network or are you sharing screen views between units? I've been assured they can select transducers but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I don't have a network obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by JK9027 View Post
    Do these units share transducers (you select which one you want) through the network or are you sharing screen views between units? I've been assured they can select transducers but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I don't have a network obviously.
    You share data between units, you don't select a transducer, you select the unit that has the transducer connected to it. It will be listed as the serial number unless you rename the unit.

If you have a SI and a Sonar unit and want to view SI on the Sonar unit, you choose the SI unit as the source for SI in the Sonar unit's Sonar Menu.
    The SI unit will be the only one that is listed as a SI source in the Sonar unit's menu.
    Both units will be listed as the source for Sonar in both unit's menu.

Every unit on the network is displayed for each sonar technology SONAR/ DI / SI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

This is similar, just different units/menu systems:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

When I have my SOLIX SI and ONIX SI networked, both units are listed as the source for SONAR, DI, and SI on both units. I just select which unit to provide the data for each.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Boy this stuff is confusing. Wanting to replace the lowrances as well and return to Humminbird but have no idea what to buy!

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

20. Member
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast