Thread: Hotel Reviews

Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator

Hotel Reviews

All,

I thought it would be a helpful idea to start a thread about hotels that are near our lakes. That way we could have a place we could reference if we have places we've never been and need a room. List the ones you recommend or don't. Please dont turn into a bash fest but it would be nice to hear experiences. I'll give it a week or so then sticky it at the top.

2. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Lake Cumberland

Lower end near the dam.

Stayed at Anchor Inns and Suites.

Nice clean room. Had a kitchen, bathroom, bed, and pull out couch. TV, etc.

Boat parking is tricky. Parking lot isnt big enough to back up to room but we made it work. Was 80 something for the night. We used Halcombs landing boat ramp. Took about 20 minutes to get there.

3. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    KY/Barkley Lakes

Kuttawa

We always stay at the Relax Inn. Convenient to Kuttawa. Just a few minutes from ramp. Rooms are clean and staff is always accommodating. Hot breakfast and it's usually served early. When we've stayed even leaving at 5am breakfast is always ready. Eggs,biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, etc.

Last time we stayed it was 65 dollars a night I believe.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    Lake Cumberland

Lower end near the dam.

Stayed at Anchor Inns and Suites.

Nice clean room. Had a kitchen, bathroom, bed, and pull out couch. TV, etc.

Boat parking is tricky. Parking lot isnt big enough to back up to room but we made it work. Was 80 something for the night. We used Halcombs landing boat ramp. Took about 20 minutes to get there.
    I second Anchor Inn... Friends use it all the time and love it.

Is the FoxFire Inn still open near KY Lake. Dad and I used to stay there but that was years ago.

5. Member
    Lake Cumberland -- Riverside Inn (right by the damn.....actually back behind the damn) - 3 minute ride to the ramp at the damn. Pretty new rooms and very clean. A little tricky to find because GPS freaks out but very reasonably priced for new rooms close to the ramp at damn. Only downside is that there aren't many rooms and its a little secluded.

Green River - We have stayed in town at the Holiday Inn Express which is very nice but very pricey for an overnight fishing trip / tournament. Plenty of parking and hotel is only 3 to 4 years old I think. Best Western is in town and is reasonably priced with clean rooms but there isn't really any boat parking so you have to get creative although there is plenty of room. Lucky Vista, when we last stayed, was a shit hole and there were drug deals going down in the parking lot and out of one of the rooms (had to be.............cars were coming and going non-stop with people running in the room and coming out). We also rented some of the floating cabins at the big marina by the damn last year but the folks that run that place are very difficult (I could use more descriptive words).....the Friday before tourney it was snowing, sleeting and the water was up in the parking lots. They were calling for major ice and the owners said "it's not our responsible to clean the ice and make the docks safe to walk on. If you can get to your floating dock then we won't cancel the reservation and refund your money". When we asked for refunds and wanted to make plans to stay elsewhere they would not provide any refunds. Yes we were inside the listed cancellation period but it was early May and we were the only occupants so they wouldn't have had anyone if we hadn't reserved a month earlier. When we stressed our concern about someone falling (several of the guys in our group were 65+ years of age) they said it was not their problem. There exact words were "we have insurance if someone falls and gets hurt". I made sure to let them know they were DIQ's.

Barren River: We have always stayed at Day's INN by Wyndham or Quality Inn in Glasgow. Reasonably priced and room for boat parking with plugs outside. Roughly 15 minutes to Barren Ramps.

Kentucky Lake (Mid Lake): We always stat at Fin's N Feathers or Early American down around Ken Lake. Both are reasonably priced and are clean. Plenty of parking for boats.
    Last edited by kyfisherman1; 11-16-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyfisherman1 View Post

Green River Lucky Vista, when we last stayed, was a shit hole and there were drug deals going down in the parking lot and out of one of the rooms (had to be.............cars were coming and going non-stop with people running in the room and coming out).
    This one is definitely on the no go list...I think what attracts people to this place is it's cheap, pretty much the first first place in town closest to the state park and ramp #1 side of the lake. Plus it has a gas station right across the road that opens early with an awesome breakfast available early in the morning. However what most people don't know is that's where you score some crack or also get a piece of tail if you want. There was even a shooting/murder there back in the summer. I drive by there 4 days a week and shake my head when I see boats lined up...if they only knew what was lurking around that place at night.

7. Member
    Green River wise check out Emerald Isle. I cant say ive stayed in the condos but that's the marina I use when I go. Its smaller and not a mad house during the peak seasons. The condos are close enough to the water / ramp you could almost throw a rock to it. I believe a boat slip also is included with the condo rental. Or maybe its 10 bucks extra I'm not sure. Its also directly across from a Frisbee golf course I think. The area isn't sketchy and ive never thought twice about parking my boat there. Ohhh yeah the marina has a small restaurant. No its not a 5 star joint but its cheap and convenient. Pizzas are darn good for the $$.

Friend of mine is related to the people who own it. He got me going there several years ago. Good people so I cant imagine the condos are anything but well kept. Also seem pretty reasonable based on the rates I saw.

http://www.emeraldisleresort.com/condos/

8. Member
    North end of Barkley/ky lake
    Barkley dam motel, great boat parking, clean place, has a cleaning station, two min. from ky dam marina, across the street from Barkley dam boat ramp and the tail water boat ramp.
    Been staying there over 14 years now.

9. Member
    I take my hotel with me. Usually 2-5 minutes from the ramp.

10. Member
    How is the lodge at Moors resort?

11. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator
    Barkley Dam Motel is a good choice

Quote Originally Posted by Meat09 View Post
    How is the lodge at Moors resort?
    Its nice enough for fishermen, but the walls are thin and very limited boat parking.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Member
    Moors has many cabins also to pic from, but you need to book early. Restaurant is top notch, has nice bar. Covered boat slips available

We just got back from cumberland, and stayed at Lake Pointe resort in the Eli area. Great place, super clean, friendly, safe and affordable! We will go back for sure! The owner Barry and his wife took great care of us, highly recommend if going to mid lake area of cumberland.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    We just got back from cumberland, and stayed at Lake Pointe resort in the Eli area. Great place, super clean, friendly, safe and affordable! We will go back for sure! The owner Barry and his wife took great care of us, highly recommend if going to mid lake area of cumberland.
    We have stayed here numerous times always top notch service and the rooms are great.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykins Tr21 View Post
    Moors has many cabins also to pic from, but you need to book early. Restaurant is top notch, has nice bar. Covered boat slips available
    I have stayed in the lodge once as mentioned above rooms were clean and comfortable, have also stayed in the cabins once clean and comfortable but the boat parking left a little to be desired although slips could be rented.

17. Member
    Relax Inn near Kuttawa. N° end of Barkley. Right around $100/ night. Thumbs up