Go pro video edit programs

Have a new go pro and trying to edit video. Quick is not working for me. What do you use and any tips.

2. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nitromorris View Post
    Have a new go pro and trying to edit video. Quick is not working for me. What do you use and any tips.
    Depending on your skill level, i'd first recommend the GoPro software, or windows movie maker - both free to use. If you're experienced and wanted a great free and very powerful editor i'd check out divinci resolve. There are paid alternatives, but they aren't really needed for the average user.
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

3. Member
    The regular GoPro software (not quick) works well for me, but I decided to step up and buy the Corel VideoStudio Pro x10. I think it was $40-50 on amazon. If you had footage from 2 cameras, the paid software works way better at synchronizing them when you are trying to cut from one camera view to the next because it can match the clips up by matching the audio.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

4. Member
    If you have a Mac IMovie is very easy to learn and use. Not the most robust but will definitely work. I use it for a weekly news show at my school.

5. Member
    I have used Vegas Pro extensively for the past 8 years and I really like it, but the price tag is likely going to scare you. These programs used to be owned by Sony, but they were bought out by another company a few years ago. Vegas Movie Studio is like a really lite version of their video editing software. I've used that, the next step up which is Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, and then the next one up from there, Vegas Movie Studio Suite. With each increase, they get a bit easier to use as you have more options available to you. I really like the value that the Platinum version had to offer, and it's on sale right now for $60. That's what I really like about these programs too, is that unlike Adobe, they're still available to purchase outright, they haven't moved to the subscription service like many other companies have so far.

That said, I also used Adobe Premiere Pro very extensively for 3 years, and I think it's the best of everything I've used. It's not quite as intuitive so the learning curve is a little higher, but it has more options for pretty much everything, right out of the box so to speak. You can do a lot more with this than pretty much anything from Vegas, except for whatever the most expensive version of Vegas Pro has to offer, but then you're getting into options/capabilities that the average video editor will never touch. Adobe has gone to the subscription service business model though, so I think it's going to set you back $30 a month or so, the prices vary depending on if you sign up month-to-month, or sign up for a year. They do offer bundles though if memory serves correct, so you could also get Photoshop if you wanted to. And Abobe does offer really good student discounts if you happen to know someone in school that you could borrow their identity to get the deal.

6. Banned
    GO Pro Studio works for me. I used to have Windows Movie Maker but it went away with Windows 10. Go Pro is easy to use once you get the hang of it.