1992 Ranger Trail Trailer Actuator Replacement

Hi Guys.

I have a '92 single axle disc brake ranger trail trailer that it new to me and I need to replace the actuator on it. I know it is a UfP a-60 actuator but in my search of the internet, I see 2 models, a ranger specific model and a general a-60 model. Other than the fact that the ranger specific model doesn't come with the reverse solonoid (which I know I need for my surge brakes) is there any reason to get the ranger specific model? Pictures of them online look exactly the same and I cannot find specifics on size or anything like that.

So I turn to my Ranger brethren for an answer.

Thanks in advance

Call Ranger parts or Eastern Marine (1-800-453-7379) I changed one a few years ago and I called Eastern with the same question. I think it had to do with the hose, Ranger came with a long hose.

3. Member
    Bought an aftermarket brand and have had no problems

4. Member
    Try this http://www.dexteraxle.com/ufp/home they are the company that makes them. A few years back I had to replace one and they gave me 2 options, send my old one to them and they will rebuild it. You can buy a new one straight from the company. I just purchased a new one and it was about the same price as if not a little bit cheaper than any store. If You just need parts, you can buy them also. There are manuals on the web site if I remember correctly. Each manual shows the part numbers if you just want parts and there were a couple of 60 models. Just call them.

5. Member
    Hi all. Thanks for the advice. I emailed eastern marine and they let me know that on the ranger one, there is a long hose attached and the reason for this is due to the fact that the reverse solonoid is typically attached to the frame of the trailer rather than the actuator itself. On mine (92 ranger trail) it is attached at the actuator so it appears that the regular one will do. Hope this helps out someone else down the road