Venom 18 Livewell divider

I have a 2001 Javelin Venom 18, and lookin for some help with a live well divider. The previous owner never had one, and I was looking to either build one or see if someone had some information. I have already checked with C+O Marine. The way it looks I will just have to make one out of a cutting board type material. If anyone has some resources about where I can find one or had past experience building one I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

If it's the same as whats in my R20 I will make you a template. Post some photo's and measurements.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I have made a template for my 1999 JR19 livewell and sent it to a member in the past. Easiest way is to lay it on a newspaper and trace it. Also write on the paper how thick the divider is. This only takes a few minutes, plus the cost of a envelope and postage stamp but it really helps someone in need. It's a small price to help a fellow Javelin brother out. I am 99% sure tdt91 and my livewell are the same size but I have no idea if they are the same as yours. I will extend the same offer as him.

I have another option but it is time consuming. I once help make a template for someone and we had nothing to go buy. What we done was acquired several pieces of cardboard. We first tried making the entire divider by guessing at the contour but we found it hard to slide in/out a large piece so we made it in two sections then joined them into one piece. What we done was trim/fabricate the cardboard until the back half was a perfect fit. Then we made the front half until it fit perfect. We installed both sections overlapping them and taped them together to get the overall length correct. We then used that to make one big template. Doing it in two sections help with taking it in/out several times as we would guess how to trim the cardboard.

We just so happen to have a scrap piece of UHMW that was the correct thickness. A person could use plastic, plexiglass or whatever they can find at a reasonable price as long as it is the correct thickness and big enough to cut out what you need. Hopefully someone with the same boat as your will see this and help a fellow Javelin brother out. If not tdt91 and I will do our best to help you out ...your profile says KY..I am in Columbia KY so let me know if you ever need anything

4. Member
    I appreciate the help guys, I guess the biggest reason that I want to make this happen is that if you step on the middle of the livewell kids where they meet, there dosent seem to be any support. I’m hoping that a divider will provide the support I’m looking for. Is this the same with the Renegades?

The divider sits below the lids so there is zero support. I have yet to see any boat where the live-well divider is tall enough that the divider touches/supports the lids.

Live-well lids are typically short and narrow compared to locker storage lids. In return something that is more short and narrow is more rigid. Are you having issues with flexing or are you just wanting to improve what you actually have because a live-well lid typically does not flex when someone walks on it.
    Last edited by JR19; 11-16-2018 at 06:45 PM. Reason: grammar nazi

The lids are made of some sort of composite material and they crack. My bet is yours are cracked too. I repaired mine a few years ago and they work great now. Send me your email addy and I'll send you pics of what I did. At the time I posted them here but trying to find that thread is impossible. I files are too big to post up here and I don't feel like sending to another computer so I can shrink the files just to post up again.
    I used 1 inch or 1.25 inch aluminum angle from Homo Depot and riveted them to the inside edges, then re carpeted. Works like a charm.

Whoops, found the post using google in my search.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=711587
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Member
    The lids are solid, it’s where the 2 live well lids come together, basically where the divider would be. They just don’t have any support between the lids and they give a bit when stepped on. If a divider won’t fix it I may need to look at adding a brace. It’s not damaged but I don’t want to let it become a problem

Nick, when you get one made let me know please. I'm pretty sure our live wells are the same as our boats are sisters.

Thanks!
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

9. Member
    I made this one for my 1999 Stratos 273. I used a piece of poster board for the template and then made my divider out of some Plexiglas. Probably not exact but might give you an idea.
    22953.jpg
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

Quote Originally Posted by BassinBee View Post
    I made this one for my 1999 Stratos 273. I used a piece of poster board for the template and then made my divider out of some Plexiglas. Probably not exact but might give you an idea.
    Thanks!! On my spring project list. Oh if I had a heated garage lol!!
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited