Minn Kota Ultrex MEGA DI

Wanted to know if the only update with the new Ultrex Mega DI is the sonar. Did they update any other components? Heard alot of people mentioning board issues with the original Ultrex. Maybe a revised motherboard in the new units?

2. Member
    There is no main power board "issues" with the Ultrex. As all trolling motors, sometimes there is a bad part that gets by, but the main power board has been solid in these trollingmotors. Early models, in some regions due to ambient air temp had some problems with the sensor board going bad. This was corrected a little over a year ago and has been in all units, as have the new style steering cables, for over a year. These are the reasons that MinnKota has the confidence to up the warranty on the Ultrex to 3yrs instead of the original 2yr -- and to make it retro active. As to your questions, the Ultrex has not changed unless it's a running change which happens during the year and the MDI model is just an addition to the Ultrex lineup. If I can help, give me a call
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    Thanks for the info John. I should be purchasing one soon. I will give you a call.