Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Early spring late fall fishing gloves

What is a good pair of fishing gloves that are not to thick but keep your hands warm?

I personally like a 2-3 mm neoprene glove. Some are sold by fishing vendors like bass pro. But you can also buy them as diving gloves on Amazon and other sources. don't worry with any that have special grip surfaces in the palm. The plain neoprene grips cork and foam rod handles great and has better feel. You can cut the thumb tip to allow spool control.
    Last edited by Skeeterbait; 11-15-2018 at 08:43 AM.

3. Member
    I have a pair that work well for me made by glacier glove. Not the warmest in the world, but warm enough to take the edge off from the cold and the thumb and index tips flip up. In trying to find a link for you I realized that they're no longer made. Don't see anything similar on TW either.

4. Member
    I use golf gloves

5. Member
    I really love Fish Monkey gloves. Anything from 30-45 degrees I will use the Woolies (no fingers), if it is pretty cold and my fingers are going numb, I will usually place a hothands pack in one of my palms which helps out a ton.

They have a series called the Tundra's. I usually stick with the Mitten glove so I can flip the little mitten part over my fingers when I am running down the lake. But I typically only need these in the bitter cold or rainy conditions.

I am pretty particular to needing to feel my rod when I'm fishing and I didn't wear anything for a long time. But I've found that the woolies are by far my favorite glove that will not hamper your feeling.

*Also-- if it is raining or you are catching several fish. Having two pair in a great plus. Wool keeps the warmth, wet or not. But just something refreshing about putting on a fresh pair of dry/warm gloves.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Under Armour glove liners. Extremely flexible and have rubberized patches on the fingers to hang onto the rod. Can use casting or spinning rods all day with these on. Kohl’s among other stores carry them.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    Under Armour liners for fishing, also. I take multiple pair and change them out as they get Wet. Than Simms Extreme foldovers for running the boat when water temps hit low 30's.

8. Member
    THE GILL gloves that dean Rojas wears. Here black with the white dots in the palm, got them in a care package and rocked them for the FLW costa on Okeechobee last year and it was ����.

9. Member
    I have always used finger-less wool gloves. They still keep you warm when they are wet but I like to keep several pair in the boat and change them out to keep my hands dry.

10. Member
    I have used these both for cold weather fishing and photography. They are wind and water proof. They have been great when driving down the lake in cold weather. They are light enough for easy movements and they will slide into another glove like a liner

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/sei...weather-gloves
    2017 G3 Sportsman 17
    70 Yamaha
    80# Minn Kota Ultrex
    Garmin 93 plus at bow with Panoptix PS31
    Garmin 93 plus at console

11. Member
    I have under armour liners they work great as others have stated. Also a pair of cold weather golf gloves, great when it's raining and cold.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

I've tried a number of outdoor type gloves for fishing in cold weather. The best I have found are called arthritis gloves and sold in pharmacies. You can also get them on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Vive-Arthriti...00VTR6MDM&th=1
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Member
    Under armor liners with fingerless wool gloves over them. Works great
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

14. Member
    I use Volt tetra gloves when running the boat. My hands get very painful when they get cold soo the 130* heat those gloves produce extends my fishing season longer. When on the tm fishing I use the Under Armour liner gloves and sometimes layer with Under Armour cold gear gloves.

15. Member
    I use FootJoy winter golf glove gloves with a thumb cut back. LOL!!! They are awesome!

16. Member
    Go buy a pack of jersey gloves --less than 10 bucks ---when they get wet --swap out for another pair . They are lightweight but keep hands warm and good feel for fishing. When you get home throw in dryer and where em again next trip
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

17. Member
    Cabela’s guidwear

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92basshawk View Post
    I use FootJoy winter golf glove gloves with a thumb cut back. LOL!!! They are awesome!
    This. Don’t cut the thumb out tho. Very good feel. Can cast and tie with no problems.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

19. Member
    Simms fingerless are the best Wool glove I have found. I ice fish with them as well as early late fall and spring. They are well made, unlike cheap wool products that can stretch and get mis-shapen.

From my perspective the key in any fold weather situation is to see the blood flowing to the fingers warm, so keeping the back of my hand warm is key for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast