Anyone from the York PA area?

My daughter has accepted an offer to complete a dental residency that is centered in York, Pa. To be honest I was thrilled that she accepted this offer, as many of the residency programs are in big cities and far, far away. She is from a generally rural area, and I get the feeling that York isn't all that different. But I would love any advice you might be able to offer about the area. Her residency will be based in York at Wellspan, but there will some travel to Lancaster and other spots. If you have any good contacts for apt. rental, I would welcome input. It is possible that she might rent along with another young female dentist if rent becomes an issue.
    Thanks in advance! Greg
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

2. Member
    Pm sent

3. Scraps
    West of where I am and in the country. Not far from the "Amish" country. Open spaces out there.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    The suburbs of York and Lancaster are rural and very nice areas. Like any city, there are areas in both the City of York and Lancaster that you don't want to be in after the sun goes down.

I appreciate all input so far. BBC members rock. I was quite surprised to hear of the city crime stuff, but I have to keep in mind that she is currently going to school in Richmond. I'm sure she has more street smarts now than her Daddy

6. Banned
    I retired from a company based in Lancaster County. When you put York and Lancaster together, they're very populated--but not too many people. The outlying countryside is some of the highest income and prosperous farms in the world.

It ought to be a great place to get into the dental business as the Pennsylvania Dutch have undoubtedly got the worse teeth this side of the United Kingdom. Congratulations on having a daughter that's going to have a bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I retired from a company based in Lancaster County. When you put York and Lancaster together, they're very populated--but not too many people. The outlying countryside is some of the highest income and prosperous farms in the world.

It ought to be a great place to get into the dental business as the Pennsylvania Dutch have undoubtedly got the worse teeth this side of the United Kingdom. Congratulations on having a daughter that's going to have a bright future.

I don't think she plans on setting up practice in the area (but who knows?) Currently its just a year in a residency program. As a protective Dad, I'd be much happier if she'd hang up a shingle in our area. A local Dentist made her a pretty offer in $$$ as she purchases his practice, but I really don't have a huge vote any longer.