Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Wow you are hardcore. Good luck... Sunday ill be ice fishing.....

2. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    I would be skeptical of going out at this point. If you could even launch I’d say there’s a pretty good chance of floating ice chunks. Massabessic is 1/2 ice now.

3. Member
    I didn't get out this weekend. My wife got wicked sick late Friday night into early Saturday and was on the couch all day. Still was recovering a bit today, so stayed home to try and figure out an issue with my trolling motor batteries, and cleaned the man cave. At least got the man cave completely cleaned and reorganized, still no idea what is going on with the trolling motor batteries. Last few times I went out, it felt like it kept cutting out and losing 50% of its power, like one battery (it's a 24v model) was there, then not there. I assumed it was a bad/loose connection, went through and checked everything but it was all cinched down tight. I hate electrical issues...

Weather for next weekend looks like it's going to put an end to open water fishing in NH for the season. Friday looks nice though. May sneak out one last time that day if I can get the time off. See a few guys I know are killing it down on the cape though...

Snover, check your trolling motor breaker switch if you haven’t already

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Totally forgot to check that, but will do. Thanks, Jim!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Mine would occasionally pop but it was a piece of crap and would kind of stick so it looked good but it was popped.

On a side note the ice was good to us yesterday caught about 20 bass and a few other fish.

7. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    Could be corrosive connections behind the panel causing it

8. Member
    Welp, that'll do it for Newfound. Looks like she's iced over now per the webcam.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Welp, that'll do it for Newfound. Looks like she's iced over now per the webcam.
    Well I give you credit you gave it 110%. Now just put the boat away go buy some minnows and go catch some more fish on the ice....

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Well I give you credit you gave it 110%. Now just put the boat away go buy some minnows and go catch some more fish on the ice....
    Now now, not just yet! I'm tentatively headed to Candlewood on Sunday, weather pending. I don't mind being wet, or cold...but being freezing cold AND wet is an entirely different story. If that system hits like they're anticipating it will, then I'll try to shoot down there next weekend.

11. Member
    I hear you, I hate to give up as well. I have contemplated fishing the Cape ponds a few times, but wife and kids crushed those thoughts a while ago. Candle wood is a good fishery my buddy lives there and fishes there quite often and has tried to get me down there a few times. Good luck if you go.

Went with my friend and launched in the river in Concord today.
    Water temp was 33 according to the Garmin.
    Didn't start out to well. He has a pull start and the rope broke on the first pull. Got it started with the emergency rope and went up river. Put down the tm and that wasn't working well either. It couldn't keep up witht he current.
    We ended up drifting and anchoring.
    We didn't get a bite all day. It was still so nice just to float around casting all day.
    I still had a great time....come on spring. Lol
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123