Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any launches that are kept clear after the snow?

I know we've got snow coming, but there's still some good fishing left to be had. Question though is where do you guys launch from in the lakes region after the snow starts falling? I imagine someone must be going out of their way to keep the boat launches clear at least on Winni, and if so, which ones? And does anyone know if Newfound or Squam are kept clear as well?

I launch off booters in the nearest terrain park while pulling super rad moves on my snowboard.

3. Member
    I was thinking you'd be more the type to launch your empty's across the room while you're lounging on the couch watching football.

So far it looks like your going to have to get a plow also.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    So far it looks like your going to have to get a plow also.
    I'm willing to bet that there's a few launches that are kept clear....just no one wants to share. And I can't blame anyone for that. Looks like I'll be dragging the snowblower around with me for the next couple of weeks to get things cleared...

6. Moderator
    Let us know so we can use the ramp also.

7. Banned
    Drove by Squam's Boat Launch today to see if anyone was out there. The bait should be all together and the fish having a buffet. They did have snow in Holderness today but launch was clear. Water was Down so if you go there just keep that it mind. Not quite sure if any of the marina's around do anything for the launch but if I see it's clear will let you know. Just a thought, The launch just before the Covered Bridge on LITTLE Squam might stay open for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    I was thinking you'd be more the type to launch your empty's across the room while you're lounging on the couch watching football.
    No, dude. Just threw down for a full set up...Ride Berzerker 165, Capo bindings, Lasso boots. Bring it on!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    No, dude. Just threw down for a full set up...Ride Berzerker 165, Capo bindings, Lasso boots. Bring it on!
    This reminds me that I really need to replace ALL of my snowboard gear. I'm still riding the same Atomic board, boots, and bindings that I bought when I last worked at the US Distribution center in 2005... Problem is, the sticker shock keeps me from replacing anything. I bought their "top of the line" boots & bindings, and a pretty good board, for a grand total of $150 or so. The perks of working there as a college kid were awesome. That won't even get me half of a good snowboard now.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    Drove by Squam's Boat Launch today to see if anyone was out there. The bait should be all together and the fish having a buffet. They did have snow in Holderness today but launch was clear. Water was Down so if you go there just keep that it mind. Not quite sure if any of the marina's around do anything for the launch but if I see it's clear will let you know. Just a thought, The launch just before the Covered Bridge on LITTLE Squam might stay open for a little while.
    Thank you! How much have they drawn the place down? I think they draw it down a total of 3' but I should only have to worry about the river if I can make my way up there. I've got options though. May sneak out to a small local spot for one last hurrah this weekend, and bring the snowblower along to get the launch cleared. Or I may head over to Walpole to fish the CT River. Don't know, but I'm going somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Let us know so we can use the ramp also.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

12. Member
    Any word on if the launch at Squam is clear? And is the parking lot at least accessible?

13. Member
    I talked to my neighbor who works in Plymouth and he said they had about 2" of snow. I pulled out there last year with 2-3" on the ramp and just used 4x4. I had no other choice since i was on the water when it decided to snow.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

14. Member
    I went to Winnisquam yesterday. The ramp is open and usable. Four-wheel-drive recommended. Caught around 30 smallmouth.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Tickler View Post
    I went to Winnisquam yesterday. The ramp is open and usable. Four-wheel-drive recommended. Caught around 30 smallmouth.
    Nice, and thanks for the heads up! I stayed home this weekend. May come to regret it, but I had a lot to do around the house, and I had a few things I wanted to get installed on the boat while the weather was nice, so I spent the day getting all of that done on Saturday. I've got all of next weekend wide open, so I hope the weather plays nice for me at least one of those days. I'm all stocked up on blade baits again, and some other goodies I want to try out...

Ideally, I'm hoping to hit Newfound, as I know that lake better than any other one up that way. Will see what the next few days of weather does to that area though.

16. Member
    Has anyone been by Melvin village, can you launch there now? Possibly newfound or squam as alternative? Weather looks good for a few days

17. Member
    Would also like to know, I've got Saturday wide open to go fishing, would prefer to head to Newfound if I can, but I have my doubts it will be accessible.

18. Member
    I hit Winni today. Launched at the Wolfeboro docks. Water temps were 37/38. The swells were substantial from the wind. Spent most of my time in Jockey cove. Couldn't find bait fish. I did land a nice Laker in 43ft on a silver binsky blade.
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

19. Member
    I have to guess Melvin is iced over at launch with those temps. Im going to ride by Newfound today, I plan on fishing tomorrow

20. Member
    Newfound is possibly accessable on one side with four wheel drive? About six inches of snow, might be slippery on way out. I don't know how to post pic, but I am going to take my chances at winni

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast