LC JB discontinued color

Can anyone confirm that Lucky Craft has discontinued their black/gold jerk bait color pattern.Just tried to order some and was informed of this.

LC discontinues baits and colors all the time, so it's probably true.

3. Member
    That's too bad. That color has been around a long time and is a killer on smallies here in the Northeast.

Probably can find a bait maker to copy it on any of the giant Facebook groups out there if you Facebook. Bass Fishing Yard Sale, Fishing Flea Market, Bass Baits Buy & Barter, etc. If you don't Facebook, I bet you could find someone here on BBC to do it via the the rod building and tackle making forum. Not as good as the "real thing" possibly, but maybe the best available option if it's discontinued.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Probably can find a bait maker to copy it on any of the giant Facebook groups out there if you Facebook. Bass Fishing Yard Sale, Fishing Flea Market, Bass Baits Buy & Barter, etc. If you don't Facebook, I bet you could find someone here on BBC to do it via the the rod building and tackle making forum. Not as good as the "real thing" possibly, but maybe the best available option if it's discontinued.
    Thanks for the reply.Slim pickin's so far.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    Thanks for the reply.Slim pickin's so far.
    Look at the JDM ones on ebay.

Allen

So I just happened to come across these today. Is this what you're looking for?

They had 2 on the shelf and both were the Pointer 100SP. Maybe I could grab them for you if it's something you want? Can't make any promises about getting back to this place extremely soon as it's a fair distance out of my way, but I also don't anticipate them going anywhere due to the fact that our water is solid and will be for several months.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

8. Member
    Thanks,appreciate you keeping an eye out. That is actually the aurora black color. The black/gold is more of a perch pattern.

Guess I should've read the name of the color!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

10. Member
    What's the name of the color you are looking for? They have Aurora gold in stock on TW which looks black and gold.
    2006 Skeeter ZX225

It's actually called "black & gold" but looks more like a perch pattern as Jake mentioned. The ones I saw on the shelf and shared a couple posts up were the aurora gold pattern that isn't the one he's looking for.

Here's an example:

There are indeed a few on eBay. Not priced outrageously high at this point, but I suspect they'll get rarer and more expensive as time goes on. Probably should snatch up what you can now!

I did come across several similar colors such as "aurora green perch" (more green on the back vs black the bars are more spaced), "baby bluegill" and "ghost baby bluegill" (more translucent/less contrast), but none that are the same. That aurora green perch is the one currently available that seems that it would look and fish most similar to me, but I'm sure Jake is already aware of that one.

Last suggestion short of finding a motherlode or Lucky Craft returning to production: Duo Realis has a "gold perch" pattern that's very similar, although I realize that it's not the same bait as a Lucky Craft.

Edit: Another probably less-than-satisfying thought is to grab the aurora gold and go to town with a sharpie. Maybe a last resort for you.
    Last edited by DrewFlu33; 12-03-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    It's actually called "black & gold" but looks more like a perch pattern as Jake mentioned. The ones I saw on the shelf and shared a couple posts up were the aurora gold pattern that isn't the one he's looking for.

Here's an example:

There are indeed a few on eBay. Not priced outrageously high at this point, but I suspect they'll get rarer and more expensive as time goes on. Probably should snatch up what you can now!

I did come across several similar colors such as "aurora green perch" (more green on the back vs black the bars are more spaced), "baby bluegill" and "ghost baby bluegill" (more translucent/less contrast), but none that are the same. That aurora green perch is the one currently available that seems that it would look and fish most similar to me, but I'm sure Jake is already aware of that one.

Last suggestion short of finding a motherlode or Lucky Craft returning to production: Duo Realis has a "gold perch" pattern that's very similar, although I realize that it's not the same bait as a Lucky Craft.

Edit: Another probably less-than-satisfying thought is to grab the aurora gold and go to town with a sharpie. Maybe a last resort for you.
    Thanks,that's the one. There do seem to be some 100's and 128's around but not having any luck finding the Slender Pointer 97mr in that color. Samllies out this way eat that thing up.

Tim Hughes, link below, could probably pain that color. It is not one of his stock colors so you'd have to send him a sample along with any baits you wanted painted. There are some LC US Shad 65 on Ebay in that color, I have caught smallmouth on them, might be worth a try as an alternative. They float, so if you want them so suspend you'll need to add some weight.

http://www.hughescustombaits.com/

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Tim Hughes, link below, could probably pain that color. It is not one of his stock colors so you'd have to send him a sample along with any baits you wanted painted. There are some LC US Shad 65 on Ebay in that color, I have caught smallmouth on them, might be worth a try as an alternative. They float, so if you want them so suspend you'll need to add some weight.

http://www.hughescustombaits.com/
    Thanks,He's actually done a few crank baits for me in the past.He does excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    Thanks,He's actually done a few crank baits for me in the past.He does excellent work.

16. Member
    They did the same to my Flash Pointer color (Metallic Misty Shiner). Had waited almost a year with a bunch on backorder with TW when the order was cancelled. They emailed to tell me it was discontinued.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    They did the same to my Flash Pointer color (Metallic Misty Shiner). Had waited almost a year with a bunch on backorder with TW when the order was cancelled. They emailed to tell me it was discontinued.
    Yeah,I keep hitting the "notify me when in" button on these at Bass Tackle Depot. I have like 10 on backorder Wishful thinking.

18. Member
    There's a shop up in Aberdeen, NC that specializes in discontinued and hard to find LC baits called Aberdeen Bait and Tackle. I would try giving them a call 910-944-6016

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wahammon View Post
    There's a shop up in Aberdeen, NC that specializes in discontinued and hard to find LC baits called Aberdeen Bait and Tackle. I would try giving them a call 910-944-6016

Thanks,I'll give them a try Appreciate the phone number.