Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Question Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV-lake chip?

This is the only unit on my little Triton (Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV) and I fish central Florida 99% of the time. I will most likely take the boat to Georgia and ‘Bama but I want to get the most out of this unit and a lot of the lakes I fish lack detail.

Which chip, specifically, do I need to get in order to get the best freshwater detail out of this unit?

Thanks in advance, Chris.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    You'll probably want to wait unit the new chip is released. Also you have to check lake by lake to see what detail is available. That goes for all the companies making maps. You can;t just pick a chip and figure your favorite lake will be on it in great detail.

http://lakes.garmin.com
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I thought it would be easier to buy the chip honestly. When do the “new” chips come out? Is it a certain time of year? The link you provided has most of the lakes I fish on it, thanks! Ijust want to buy the best chip for my area.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    The g3 maps will probably be available early spring is what I think I heard.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK