Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    I rig the dippers with the tail up instead of down......thanks to a good friend of mine.....
    this
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

I can't use floor due to the vegetation I fish. I mean this is some nasty stuff. Super thick Hydro mixed with pads and other floating vegetation. I have tried it in the past but ended up breaking off.

As for the retrieve I have slowed down and it does keep it lower in the water but I seem to get less bites than when I reel it faster. Maybe its the bait on the back. I will try something different and even turn the bait upside down.
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

3. Scraps
    Could you have 'em on a different reel, like a 7:1 instead of a 6:1???? I think a 7:1 will work but you'd have to slow the handle down a bit to fish them correctly.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    I use 5500 c3 garcias foe them,because i have a hard time slowing them down with higher ratio reels.

5. Member
    The blades are adjustable just slightly bend the tip back with your thumb , use a 1/2 ounce and shorten the trailer.

It’s broke

Same problem with Z-mans , switched to SK Rage blades.
    No more problems.

8. Member
    Never have an issue with a 3/8 vibrashock and I throw it on braid almost 100% of the time...like others have said try different trailers. I use several to vary my depth. For the most action and deeper retrieve I use a zoom split tail. For running shallower I'll use a rage craw or a 5" cane thumper. Horny toads or any thick plastics will cause the bait to rise. I also prefer to not have a bend in my blade when fishing the bait deeper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12