Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mikesxpress

Trojan Trillium USA made Lithium ion

Been back & forth with technical engineering at Trojan on the new Trillium batteries (made in USA) and also Pro Charging Systems (OEM for my PS4 Delta Volt charger) and am pretty comfortable that I can do a battery swap for my 3 group 31 Odyssey AGM trolling batteries to Group 24 Trillium's and as stated by Trojan, the existing charger will fully charge the lithiums. AGM for starting will stay as Mercury requires it for the new 250 ProXS V8.
    Loose 2/3's the weight, smaller physical battery size, use existing charger, made in USA by reputable long time battery OEM, gain some useable amp hours, battery itself has built in BMS to prevent over charging, and 4 year warranty for trolling motor application. Awaiting feedback from engineering at Pro Charging Systems on testing of the PS4 AGM charging profile on the Trillium.

https://www.trojanbattery.com/trillium/

2. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Been back & forth with technical engineering at Trojan on the new Trillium batteries (made in USA) and also Pro Charging Systems (OEM for my PS4 Delta Volt charger) and am pretty comfortable that I can do a battery swap for my 3 group 31 Odyssey AGM trolling batteries to Group 24 Trillium's and as stated by Trojan, the existing charger will fully charge the lithiums. AGM for starting will stay as Mercury requires it for the new 250 ProXS V8.
    Loose 2/3's the weight, smaller physical battery size, use existing charger, made in USA by reputable long time battery OEM, gain some useable amp hours, battery itself has built in BMS to prevent over charging, and 4 year warranty for trolling motor application. Awaiting feedback from engineering at Pro Charging Systems on testing of the PS4 AGM charging profile on the Trillium.

Did they release a price for the group 24 trillium yet?

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Been back & forth with technical engineering at Trojan on the new Trillium batteries (made in USA)

I see "US-based development", "Designed and Engineered in the USA", "US-based cell development" and "Developed in the USA", but never a mention of where it is manufactured or assembled.

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Isn't that low for the battery type as compared to other brands?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Is the AH rating taken at a lower amperage than normal? Instead of 25, its 22 for one and 18 for the other.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Is the AH rating taken at a lower amperage than normal? Instead of 25, its 22 for one and 18 for the other.
    AH isn't measured by a set current. It's set by time. They figure out how much current the battery can supply while lasting 5 hours, 10 hours or 20 hours depending on the rate they are quoting. Bigger batteries generally have bigger numbers.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    The discharge capacity even at a higher rate of 32 amps remains just about the same and at the published capacity....for example: ~92 amp hours for the G24 model.

Quite refreshing to see how an established long term respected and experienced battery manufacturer introduces and markets their new lithium ion battery product.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 11-14-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Isn't that low for the battery type as compared to other brands?

Yes it is. Most are 5 and Battle Born has moved to a 10 year warranty.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    AH isn't measured by a set current. It's set by time. They figure out how much current the battery can supply while lasting 5 hours, 10 hours or 20 hours depending on the rate they are quoting. Bigger batteries generally have bigger numbers.
    I was only slightly confused but figured out what I was looking for on the data sheets.

10. mikesxpress
    Northeast Battery is the master distributor for Trojan. I also have a message into them for pricing/availability. Only distributor listed near me is a golf cart dealer. Not doing that.

11. Member
    I'm interested to see the pricing on these and how it relates to other lithium batteries

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post

I see "US-based development", "Designed and Engineered in the USA", "US-based cell development" and "Developed in the USA", but never a mention of where it is manufactured or assembled.

As of now they are made in the USA. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

13. Member

I am just starting to get some experience with these, why don't you want to go with the 27 series? CJ

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    As of now they are made in the USA. CJ
    Looks like it. This is from their press release

• U.S. engineering and quality excellence Trillium is designed and engineered with Trojan’s legendary reliability, premium components, andexacting quality standards. Unlike most competing lithium products, Trillium is currently made in the USA.

2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Looks like it. This is from their press release

• U.S. engineering and quality excellence Trillium is designed and engineered with Trojan’s legendary reliability, premium components, andexacting quality standards. Unlike most competing lithium products, Trillium is currently made in the USA.

I didnt think Lithium for batteries was available in the USA. From everything I have read you have to deal with china if you want Lithium. Lots of reputable Lithium battery makers here in the USA. Just because Trojan who is over priced with all of the batteries are getting in the game eveyone is good with Lithiums now....................lol

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I didnt think Lithium for batteries was available in the USA. From everything I have read you have to deal with china if you want Lithium. Lots of reputable Lithium battery makers here in the USA. Just because Trojan who is over priced with all of the batteries are getting in the game eveyone is good with Lithiums now....................lol
    Probably assembled in the USA.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Kind of sounds like it doesn't it?

18. Member
    Looks like I will not be able to get stock on these until early spring. So I will have to wait until then to price these. CJ

19. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    I am just starting to get some experience with these, why don't you want to go with the 27 series? CJ
    The three Trillium 24's will give me more useable power than the existing three AGM's. Even fishing tidal waters I've never even come close to killing these premium AGM's. For 36VDC trolling motor use you don't need anything more than the 24's.

20. mikesxpress
    The draw for the Trillium is the fact you can use your existing AGM style battery charger and the built in battery management system is designed to prevent any overcharging issues. Just swap out your AGM's. That is a substantial cost savings if your considering a lithium option.

**Keep in mind this information is all OEM propaganda at this point. No one has any and we don't yet have pricing. If it's not economical then it still doesn't make sense......Same as existing lithium providers.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 11-20-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast