Guntersville Help?

Heading south to fish Guntersville with a buddy that has never been there before. Can anyone share any information on what we need to look for? I've only fished the lake once before in November with limited action. We are not fishing a tournament and just wanting to catch a few fish. Feel free to PM or email if you don't want to post something.

Thanks!

2. Member
    A-rig and get near a bridge, your welcome. May have to wait in line but well worth it!
    That works, but seriously, find old grass and throw a lipless or jerk bait, should get bit about anywhere that is near grass. Most mats are gone, but if you in across slimy one, frog may get bit. The bridges are the most well known pattern there is , but with this weather and deer season starting Saturday, you might jus get lucky enough to get close enough to make a few throws at one. Good luck!

Yeah the Arig at bridges is kind of crazy, did catch a few doing that last time I was there in November but it’s kind of wild how many crappie and bass fisherman you can get on any one bridge. Its kind of like in Michigan, bent pole pattern I guess. Thanks for the reply!

Throw the rig anywhere lol. Don't limit it to bridges, works over grass, rock and current breaks.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

Thanks guys for the information! Had a good trip, didn't set the world on fire or anything but had a good time and caught a few.