Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Once again... A cop or cops says to me "DROP THE GUN" guess what I do? BINGO!!!! I drop the fing gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    No, there was nothing wrong with it. He just felt like giving me a ticket. Am I to get out of my vehicle after he's instructed me to stay in my vehicle? Yeah, that'll end well. You're basically screwed. As has happened to numerous other people I know in those towns. I mean, what are you going to do? Fight it? Costs more than the court costs, which you inevitably get even if the ticket is tossed. It's a racket. Who do you complain to? The department? Yeah, they'll get right on it. The AG? Sure, he'll see what he can do on the 10th of Neverember.

You posted that the brake part didn't get brighter.
    That's broken. Without it getting brighter when you step on the brakes means your tail light is working but your brake light is out.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    There is no way me riding along with even 100 cops is ever going to address the issue of cops shooting people who don't need shooting. That's a corporate attitude that needs to be changed, or you can just answer how many innocent folks getting shot is acceptable in your view.
    sounds like you need to earn a badge and be part of a solution. Study action vs. reaction... then try to imagine yourself entering into an active shooter situation, not running away from it... this situation is tragic and I wish it never happened and I promise you the officer involved in this horrible situation wishes the same. Our there bad cops? Yes there are... but I guarantee 99.8 percent of them are not, and this officer wasn’t either. He made a bad split second decision, but at the time he thought he was doing right. I don’t know any details of what actually happened, but I do know a good man lost his life when doing a heroic act, and another good man is going to lose his thinking he was doing the same. I pray for this country because the way it’s heading is not good. And to answer your question the answer is zero... but cops are human and unfortunately officers mistakes can lead to deadly consequences and there is no way to prevent all mistakes and bad shoots... just not when your talking about making split second choices in life or death situations. I pray for all the families involved in this horrific tragedy.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GROD View Post
    sounds like you need to earn a badge and be part of a solution. Study action vs. reaction... then try to imagine yourself entering into an active shooter situation, not running away from it... this situation is tragic and I wish it never happened and I promise you the officer involved in this horrible situation wishes the same. Our there bad cops? Yes there are... but I guarantee 99.8 percent of them are not, and this officer wasn’t either. He made a bad split second decision, but at the time he thought he was doing right. I don’t know any details of what actually happened, but I do know a good man lost his life when doing a heroic act, and another good man is going to lose his thinking he was doing the same. I pray for this country because the way it’s heading is not good. And to answer your question the answer is zero... but cops are human and unfortunately officers mistakes can lead to deadly consequences and there is no way to prevent all mistakes and bad shoots... just not when your talking about making split second choices in life or death situations. I pray for all the families involved in this horrific tragedy.
    If you reread your post you just told me that it is acceptable to shoot at least one innocent man to ensure cops are safer. That's what action vs reaction does in this situation.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    You posted that the brake part didn't get brighter.
    That's broken. Without it getting brighter when you step on the brakes means your tail light is working but your brake light is out.
    I posted that's what I was ticketed for. I checked it after the officer left and it was working.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I posted that's what I was ticketed for. I checked it after the officer left and it was working.
    I bet you could have driven right to the police station and showed them it was working. Then you could have filed a complaint.
    I was harrassed by a police officer when I was a kid.
    Eventually the DA had to get involved. He never bothered me again.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    I bet you could have driven right to the police station and showed them it was working. Then you could have filed a complaint.
    I was harrassed by a police officer when I was a kid.
    Eventually the DA had to get involved. He never bothered me again.
    But if you had the internet back then you could have just told people the story for 20 years instead !!!

Meanwhile, I get pulled over for speeding by a state trooper and i had left my drivers license at home. Heather thought I was going to get a nice ticket and thought it was funny. He walked up, looked at me, asked if I was a veteran, I replied yes and he simply said slow down and have a nice day. Didn't ask my name or social security number etc. Also had one recently pull me over for my license plate light being out. Same deal, 30 second interaction, he said "get it fixed, you're not the kind of guy I'm looking for and have a nice evening ". Interesting how different interactions seem to be across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Meanwhile, I get pulled over for speeding by a state trooper and i had left my drivers license at home. Heather thought I was going to get a nice ticket and thought it was funny. He walked up, looked at me, asked if I was a veteran, I replied yes and he simply said slow down and have a nice day. Didn't ask my name or social security number etc. Also had one recently pull me over for my license plate light being out. Same deal, 30 second interaction, he said "get it fixed, you're not the kind of guy I'm looking for and have a nice evening ". Interesting how different interactions seem to be across the country.
    I have been let go a lot ... seems like my remorseful and polite responses favor my out comes with police officers

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I have been let go a lot ... seems like my remorseful and polite responses favor my out comes with police officers
    Exactly, don't act like a dick, be respectful and comply with instructions and the outcome will usually be a verbal warning.

11. Member
    As a kid, I got my license on Friday, lost it for 30 days on Saturday.
    Damn cop, he was an ******* about me rolling through a stop sign.
    Took my license away there, sent me home. Later he punished me.
    At that point, I was scared to say anything else to my Dad about it.
    Thinking about taking his wheelchair for 30 days when a possibility.

12. Member
    If you reread your post you just told me that it is acceptable to shoot at least one innocent man to ensure cops are safer. That's what action vs reaction does in this situation.
    There is no profession in the world where one is right 100% of them time, NONE.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    There is no profession in the world where one is right 100% of them time, NONE.
    So a few lives now and then is an acceptable outcome to make police more safe? Yes or no?

14. Banned
    So a few lives now and then is an acceptable outcome to make police more safe? Yes or no?
    No. They signed up and took the risk, citizen safety comes first, IMO. Sounds harsh but it has to be that way.

15. Member
    All human lives are of the utmost importance. I only said No one is perfect, mistakes happen. A judge turns a convict free and the convict goes and kills, should the judge be convicted? There is a difference between intent and accident.

16. Banned
    All human lives are of the utmost importance. I only said No one is perfect, mistakes happen. A judge turns a convict free and the convict goes and kills, should the judge be convicted? There is a difference between intent and accident.
    I agree there is. I also propose that current tactics and training of many police does not reinforce your ideal that all human lives are of the utmost importance. It is my opinion, that the training and tactics implies Police lives are of the utmost importance and everything else is second. It is that which makes me think that certain "mistakes" like this one truly don't need to happen if there was a bit more emphasis on the importance of all human lives.

17. Member
    I agree there is. I also propose that current tactics and training of many police does not reinforce your ideal that all human lives are of the utmost importance. It is my opinion, that the training and tactics implies Police lives are of the utmost importance and everything else is second. It is that which makes me think that certain "mistakes" like this one truly don't need to happen if there was a bit more emphasis on the importance of all human lives.
    Making no excuses here, the guy being a security guard should have known that once police are on the scene they are in command and all orders should be followed. Now whether or not the cop who shot him was to fast to the shot, only he knows.

18. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    As a kid, I got my license on Friday, lost it for 30 days on Saturday.
    Damn cop, he was an ******* about me rolling through a stop sign.
    Took my license away there, sent me home. Later he punished me.
    At that point, I was scared to say anything else to my Dad about it.
    Thinking about taking his wheelchair for 30 days when a possibility.
    I had to take a driver's test at DMV a couple years ago. The first stop sign I come to I roll right thru the Stop. My bad humor saved me and I am still on the road.

19. Banned
    Making no excuses here, the guy being a security guard should have known that once police are on the scene they are in command and all orders should be followed. Now whether or not the cop who shot him was to fast to the shot, only he knows.
    What makes more sense, a good guy stopping a shooter and doing his job well went full F the Police when they arrived, or he wasn't aware that the police had given him any orders? It seems that the default for many people is that this guy brought the shooting on himself, your post in bold implies it as well. And that isn't impossible, but it doesn't make enough sense to be the default.

20. Member
    IMO, we really need to consider more community policing - beat cops, etc.
    And I'd like to see two police officers per vehicle and two bikes per team.
    Keep them safer and the public. One officer alone is a bad thing, seriously.
    Honestly, if I had to point to one thing ... militarization has everyone edgy.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast