Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Mission accomplished, you avoid them and no longer commit traffic infractions building their coffers in their jurisdiction.
    Traffic infractions that weren't there to begin with. I haven't had a traffic ticket since I moved out of NJ 20 years ago. Imagine that. Not that I haven't been stopped in NC, but the police down here seem to be a bit more friendly. Tail light out? They let me know without even getting out of their vehicle. That's being part of the community, not using it.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    So I really wasn't broken it just didn't work anymore ?
    No, there was nothing wrong with it. He just felt like giving me a ticket. Am I to get out of my vehicle after he's instructed me to stay in my vehicle? Yeah, that'll end well. You're basically screwed. As has happened to numerous other people I know in those towns. I mean, what are you going to do? Fight it? Costs more than the court costs, which you inevitably get even if the ticket is tossed. It's a racket. Who do you complain to? The department? Yeah, they'll get right on it. The AG? Sure, he'll see what he can do on the 10th of Neverember.

3. Member
    it's amazing the difference in areas,i live in a small town west of indianapolis,Danville police and the county police are as nice as anybody you have ever meet,really nice guys i had a out a out of state title and had to get a inspection,the police was a bass man also we talked lures and i showed him some i was wacking them on and then offered him some,he no thanks he will not except any gifts and never has,i was pulled over one morning for speeding he said slow down,i ask him are you guys always so nice and he said i been doing this for 35 years and will always treat you the same way you treat me,made since to me,but go to indianapolis and a whole different group i think they hate each other

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    No, there was nothing wrong with it. He just felt like giving me a ticket. Am I to get out of my vehicle after he's instructed me to stay in my vehicle? Yeah, that'll end well. You're basically screwed. As has happened to numerous other people I know in those towns. I mean, what are you going to do? Fight it? Costs more than the court costs, which you inevitably get even if the ticket is tossed. It's a racket. Who do you complain to? The department? Yeah, they'll get right on it. The AG? Sure, he'll see what he can do on the 10th of Neverember.
    If the light worked it should be a simple case for you to go to court and argue. Around here, if you get a ticket for a brake light being out you just show proof that it was fixed and the ticket gets thrown out. If you are found not guilty, there should be no cost imposed on you.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I think its fair to give this case some scrutiny.
    Sure - let's look at some facts. Shots fired turns into a shooting, cops get dispatched, arrive see a man holding another down at gun point wearing NO VISIBLE "Security" uniform, was given several commands to drop the gun and failed to comply. A tragedy, but with what's known now I think blaming the cops for the outcome is unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    Sure - let's look at some facts. Shots fired turns into a shooting, cops get dispatched, arrive see a man holding another down at gun point wearing NO VISIBLE "Security" uniform, was given several commands to drop the gun and failed to comply. A tragedy, but with what's known now I think blaming the cops for the outcome is unwarranted.
    Just to be fair...you left out the part of several bystanders yelling that that the dead guy was security...not judging the cops because either way its a tough judgment call...If the dead guy offs the dude he's holding down..then that guys family says the cops should have shot him...dead guy should have complied with the cops, but adrenaline is flowing, whole thing just sucks...but I'm not willing to blame cops without a whole lot more evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Just to be fair...you left out the part of several bystanders yelling that that the dead guy was security..
    If they yelled that wouldn’t that cause someone to shoot ??

8. Banned
    Like I said lots of scrutiny. A man is dead for doing his job. Does he get a 21 gun salute? Do people stand on the curb at attention during his funeral procession? Will all the local and regional agencies take off work and drive the taxpayer funded cruisers to his funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Heck..I don't know, was just pointing out other reported info.

I think they yelled that he was security before he became the dead guy?

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Well yeah...I thought that would be obvious. My bad...

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Ahhh was confused on the time line the way he posted it

13. Member
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Ahhh was confused on the time line the way he posted it
    I'm not the greatest wordsmith...

15. Member
    All the "arm-chair" qbs blasting LEOs and wrongful shootings are not offering solutions? Please, tell us how to fix this issue(or the issue you feel there is nationwide). Surely you know

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Like I said lots of scrutiny. A man is dead for doing his job. Does he get a 21 gun salute? Do people stand on the curb at attention during his funeral procession? Will all the local and regional agencies take off work and drive the taxpayer funded cruisers to his funeral?
    Or he could have just dropped the weapon and lived to work another day. Need all the video evidence and testimony in a hearing from witnesses not from a biased media story.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Or he could have just dropped the weapon and lived to work another day. Need all the video evidence and testimony in a hearing from witnesses not from a biased media story.
    Video will tell the tale, the witnesses will be biased as well.

18. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Dang shame

19. Member
    Danny

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    If the light worked it should be a simple case for you to go to court and argue. Around here, if you get a ticket for a brake light being out you just show proof that it was fixed and the ticket gets thrown out. If you are found not guilty, there should be no cost imposed on you.
    In NJ you pay court costs even if the ticket is reduced or tossed. After all, the ticket is only like $25, but the court costs are $150+. And how do you prove it wasn't out? It's your word against a cops in court. Good luck with that. The state will always side with a cop when it's word against word. They win no matter what. And it's been going on there for decades. Don't fool yourself if you don't believe there is mass corruption going on in NJ. The place is a shithole, it's why I left.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast