Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    You are obviously very ignorant about those that enforce the laws in this country! I would advise to go to your local police or sheriff department and go on a ride along on a Friday or Saturday night.
    As biased as he seems to be, I would say he has been for a ride along or two....just not in the front seat.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    There is no way me riding along with even 100 cops is ever going to address the issue of cops shooting people who don't need shooting. That's a corporate attitude that needs to be changed, or you can just answer how many innocent folks getting shot is acceptable in your view.
    The answer is easy, none is the only acceptable number. However, law enforcement is overseen by prosecutors and courts, both criminal and civil, and they deal effectively with those who either make a mistake or otherwise were involved in wrongful conduct. If the state doesn't deal effectively with it, the federal level will. There are over 750,000 LEO's in the U.S., and in the year 2017, collectively, less than 1000 people were killed by law enforcement. That is out of hundreds of thousands of incidents where armed people were confronted. How many of these shootings were considered justified? How many were considered not justified? How many officers were indicted? How many were pursued by the DOJ? I'm betting you don't know the answer to any of my questions, because you are just blowing sparks out of your ignorant ass for lack of any real knowledge of what you refer to as an industry.
    This is a very tragic incident, which I will not opine on as I don't have the facts. But one thing is for sure, prosecutors and courts will oversee it's outcome.

3. Banned
    If the victim was white and the officer black there would be no article to read.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by psj706 View Post
    If the victim was white and the officer black there would be no article to read.
    Probably not, but hope the officer is prosecuted either way unless the guy pointed the gun at him.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    The answer is easy, none is the only acceptable number. However, law enforcement is overseen by prosecutors and courts, both criminal and civil, and they deal effectively with those who either make a mistake or otherwise were involved in wrongful conduct. If the state doesn't deal effectively with it, the federal level will. There are over 750,000 LEO's in the U.S., and in the year 2017, collectively, less than 1000 people were killed by law enforcement. That is out of hundreds of thousands of incidents where armed people were confronted. How many of these shootings were considered justified? How many were considered not justified? How many officers were indicted? How many were pursued by the DOJ? I'm betting you don't know the answer to any of my questions, because you are just blowing sparks out of your ignorant ass for lack of any real knowledge of what you refer to as an industry.
    This is a very tragic incident, which I will not opine on as I don't have the facts. But one thing is for sure, prosecutors and courts will oversee it's outcome.
    I don't need to know the answers to any of your questions, I already addressed the aspect of how the individual officer is handled for each incident. The fact remains that there's a corporate attitude that allows for the shooting of people who don't need to be shot, clearly there is an acceptable number, and it appears to be how ever many happen.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Probably not, but hope the officer is prosecuted either way unless the guy pointed the gun at him.
    I agree but what is the liberal media’s gain by fueling racism?

7. Member
    Media dumbasses! I wonder if it would have been a "white" guy if the media would have specified that like they did a "black" guy? Apparently makes a difference to the media or could that be to just start some more gun BS? The later is my guess.

8. Member
    If you are told to drop your weapon by police, are you saying they should wait to shoot you until you point the weapon at them? Once they are on scene why wouldn't you comply with their order?

9. Banned
    I'd like to see the body cam footage.

What if the guy had just been posing as a security guard and he shot the person he was holding at gun point. Everyone would be mad at the police for not taking action. I dont have enough details to pass judgment. If I'm carrying off duty and have to pull my weapon, I am taught to always follow orders from uniformed officers when they arrive on scene. I drop my weapon and let them identify me. If the security guard was told to put down the weapon, he should have done so and when everything was sorted out, he would have been allowed to take back possession of his weapon. It's also possible that the officer could be at fault by shooting too quick. We dont really know. But, painting officers as all trigger happy and wanting to go around blasting people is absurd. Hell, the majority of the police officers I know have never even fired their weapon in the line of duty.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    If you are told to drop your weapon by police, are you saying they should wait to shoot you until you point the weapon at them? Once they are on scene why wouldn't you comply with their order?
    Its not quite that simple. How do you know if they heard you? You should be able to holster the weapon, shouldn't have to drop it like you are a dirtbag. Don't get me wrong I would drop because I don't look good with holes in me, but it ain't right.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I'd like to see the body cam footage.
    It would be a very likely telling piece of the puzzle one way or another.

13. Member
    Its not quite that simple. How do you know if they heard you? You should be able to holster the weapon, shouldn't have to drop it like you are a dirtbag. Don't get me wrong I would drop because I don't look good with holes in me, but it ain't right.
    I think i get your drift but if policy were to allow for keeping the weapon in close proximity like holstering, i would suspect more officers would die but maybe not. Not sure i would be comfortable allowing a perp or perceived threat to maintain possession of his weapon in any manner. Safety for all requires securing the scene from any threat.

14. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I live about 12 miles from Robbins. Robbins is very poor old Black suburb (2mi x 2mi) no companies and maybe 2 small night dive bars because of poor neighborhood.Robbins somehow got rid of all the bangers and bars and drug alleys/corners about 15 years ago with federal help.Midlothian has always been a lower middle class neighboring burb. Several of their police force are confident and petty- (nice way to describe them). I stay away from their community because their aggressive pursuit of writing tickets with 25mph speed limits and No turn on Red on quiet major intersections. Their Police force in my observation always have been agggresive and cocky(Chiefs policy with his army of men).My only run-in > I pull up in front of Buddys auto parts store to exchange battery and knew I was illegal parking. My backend of car was 2 maybe 3 feet past the 10 ft. yellow marked curb for fire hydrant. I open trunk to bring a battery into store (20 feet away) and was out in 1 maybe 2 minutes (cash deal) with new battery. Trunk still open and cop writing me a ticket. I told him it was pimpy and that he was writing ME a ticket in front of a local business. He snapped at me and I knew immediately knew to shut up. Midlo would have been my first or second guess out of 40 southside suburban police departments.
    Last edited by Basscaster; 11-15-2018 at 05:48 AM.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    I live about 12 miles from Robbins. Robbins is very poor old Black suburb (2mi x 2mi) no companies and maybe 2 small night dive bars because of poor neighborhood.Robbins somehow got rid of all the bangers and bars and drug alleys/corners about 15 years ago with federal help.Midlothian has always been a lower middle class neighboring burb. Several of their police force are confident and petty- (nice way to describe them). I stay away from their community because their aggressive pursuit of writing tickets with 25mph speed limits and No turn on Red on quiet major intersections. Their Police force in my observation always have been agggresive and cocky(Chiefs policy with his army of men).My only run-in > I pull up in front of Buddys auto parts store to exchange battery and knew I was illegal parking. My backend of car was 2 maybe 3 feet past the 10 ft. yellow marked curb for fire hydrant. I open truck to bring a battery into store (20 feet away) and was out in 1 maybe 2 minutes (cash deal) with new battery. Trunk still open and cop writing me a ticket. I told him it was pimpy and that he was writing ME a ticket in front of a local business. He snapped at me and I knew immediately knew to shut up. Midlo would have been my first or second guess out of 40 southside suburban police departments.
    I can name a dozen towns in south Jersey with police forces just like you described. They no longer serve the community, they serve themselves and the state. The community is their means to an end.

I've been given tickets for a brake light being out. Not the whole tail light, but the brake part doesn't get brighter. Not like I can check while the officer is there writing me a ticket. Only to find out the brake lights worked. Well, what do I do now? Contest it? Yeah, ok. I'm still paying a court fee one way or another.

You quickly learn which towns police forces are actually police farces and go out of your way to drive around those places.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    I've monitored threads on this incident elsewhere, it's amazing how much blaming the victim there is for this incident. The guy was doing his job, he stopped a shooter and saved lives. The sad state of American policing is that they don't value the lives of non-cops enough when they value them at all.
    More cop hating from you... it really never ends. A cop could run into a burning orphanage and carry out four kids and you'd whine that he didn't save five.

17. Member
    I can name a dozen towns in south Jersey with police forces just like you described. They no longer serve the community, they serve themselves and the state. The community is their means to an end.

I've been given tickets for a brake light being out. Not the whole tail light, but the brake part doesn't get brighter. Not like I can check while the officer is there writing me a ticket. Only to find out the brake lights worked. Well, what do I do now? Contest it? Yeah, ok. I'm still paying a court fee one way or another.

You quickly learn which towns police forces are actually police farces and go out of your way to drive around those places.
    Mission accomplished, you avoid them and no longer commit traffic infractions building their coffers in their jurisdiction.

sad very sad
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    More cop hating from you... it really never ends. A cop could run into a burning orphanage and carry out four kids and you'd whine that he didn't save five.
    I think its fair to give this case some scrutiny.

So it really wasn't broken it just didn't work anymore ?
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast