GPSMAP 1042SXV not showing PS22 & PS30 simultaneously.

I was out on monday testing out my new PS30. My plan is to be able to use both Panoptix together to search for Walleyes.
    The problem is that my unit does not show both Panoptix at the same time, I have a split screen with live vu forward on top half and live vu down on bottom half.
    The unit will show the Panoptix one at a time but not both together, when I select the view with both Panoptix the PS22 side shows (Transducer not detected) The PS30 side works fine. All items are updated with latest software.

Any ideas?

Thank you
    C//
    Last edited by Astrochris; 11-14-2018 at 09:16 AM.

2. Member
    I know that you cannot run two screens at once as in PS22 forward and down at the same time even using two PS22 transducers.

But thought you could run a 22 and 30 on split screen.

Does the PS30 show up as down on your home page? I’ve never used one but would have thought that it would show up as somthing else. Have no ideal what just not as down.

Some one in the know will be along I hope because I’ve thought about getting the 30 also.

My be the wrong thing to do but I would unplug both then delete your screens that show any Panoptis and then plug in the 30,after you get a screen showing it plug in the ps22 and get that screen.
    Then add both to a split screen.
    You may have already done that.

Make sure to let us know if you get it resolved.

I know you have current software loaded, but your issue could be an artifact related to the original PS22 software which had the limitation you describe. Try re-creating the combo page now that you have both Panoptix connected to the system and the software is updated. Also, it would be best to name the PS22 and PS30 with good descriptors so that when you select each transducer in the combo creation, you know the right source is selected for each view. The default names can get confusing in a case like this with multiple Panoptix sources.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Another good thing to do is to put you unit into simulator mode for a few seconds, then go back to regular mode. This cleans up some things. If you name them like Todd said, and do this cleanup, that will help make sure that you are choosing LiveVu Down from the PS30. Sounds like you are picking LiveVu Down from the PS22 while it is positioned for LiveVu Forward. That will give you that error message.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Try re-creating the combo page now that you have both Panoptix connected to the system and the software is updated.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is something I hadn't thought of,, I did create that particular combo screen in the comfort of my home without any transducers connected in to the unit. As soon as I'm back on the water I'll recreate the combo with all transducers connected, that way the unit will know what source (transducer) is associated the each view.

Thank you everyone for the input, I'll let you know ASAP
    Fish on!!
    C//
    Last edited by Astrochris; 11-14-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    I know that you cannot run two screens at once as in PS22 forward and down at the same time even using two PS22 transducers.

But thought you could run a 22 and 30 on split screen.

Does the PS30 show up as down on your home page? I’ve never used one but would have thought that it would show up as something else. Have no ideal what just not as down.

Some one in the know will be along I hope because I’ve thought about getting the 30 also.

My be the wrong thing to do but I would unplug both then delete your screens that show any Panoptis and then plug in the 30,after you get a screen showing it plug in the ps22 and get that screen.
    Then add both to a split screen.
    You may have already done that.

Make sure to let us know if you get it resolved.
    The PS30 views do show up on my home page, so does the forward vu provided by the PS22. I will recreate the combo screen once I'm back on the water and all is connected.
    I'll certainly let you know when it's resolved.

Thank you
    Fish on!!
    C//

7. Member
    I had the same issue with my ps21 and ps30. Ended up just putting them on two displays which you almost need anyhow. Supposedly garmin put out a software fix though. Id update and try again.