Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Simms pro dry VS Bass pro 100 mph

How do these products compare? I've always had the 100 mph suits and like them because they are warm in the cold months. I'm needing a new suit and was wondering if the Simms suit is worth the money.

For the price diff I would have a hard time going to simms.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

If you have the extra cash I would go with Simms. Both are good.

Simms is feather lite, very flexible, and crazy wind stopping properties. I have the older cabelas guide wear as well, which is similar to the bass pro stuff. Great gear, just heavier and more restrictive. I keep the guide wear in the boat for a spare and unprepared co-anglers. You would be happy with either. Modern gear is so good its hard to go wrong.

I prefer the Simms because it flat out works and works very well. Then the fact that you have so much more dexterity in it. Its not like wearing cardboard that crunches every time you move like the other brands. It just makes actually fishing a bit easier in regards to moving around etc. It takes up less space when stored as well. The basic design of the suit pocket wise etc is well thought out and I simply prefer it over the rest.

6. Member
    I have both, I prefer the 100 mph in the cooler months and the Simms in the hotter months. One thing that I have yet to figure out about the Simms is how to adjust the hood to either stay on or not flap while running down the lake, when it starts flapping it gets LOUD!! Both great suits, Simms is definitely higher quality.

7. Member
    If you have the money for the simms or wait for a good deal its alot higher quality and more comfortable for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    If you have the money for the simms or wait for a good deal its alot higher quality and more comfortable for sure.

Get 20% off on Black Friday at TW on the suit. Also www.simmsfishing.com often has great sales on their stuff.

9. Member
    bass pro also has a pretty good thanksgiving sale on their 100 mph

10. BBC SPONSOR
    I like the 4-season flexibility of the Pro Dry suit. I've owned about everything out there and have been the most impressed with the Simms Pro Dry. Simms is one of two officially licensed GoreTex partners in America (the other builds mountaineering stuff for Everest, etc.) which means every stitch, seam, and zipper are analyzed by GoreTex corporate during the design phase. Anybody can buy GoreTex fabric but very few execute construction with it well. I will spend ludicrous sums of money on gear but can't afford the luxury of an insulated shell in addition to a non-insulated set when I can properly layer under the non-insulated version and stay warm, dry, and super comfortable. Heck, I feel like I'm fishing in my PJ's when it's cold out!

Quote Originally Posted by Out Deep View Post
    I like the 4-season flexibility of the Pro Dry suit. I've owned about everything out there and have been the most impressed with the Simms Pro Dry. Simms is one of two officially licensed GoreTex partners in America (the other builds mountaineering stuff for Everest, etc.) which means every stitch, seam, and zipper are analyzed by GoreTex corporate during the design phase. Anybody can buy GoreTex fabric but very few execute construction with it well. I will spend ludicrous sums of money on gear but can't afford the luxury of an insulated shell in addition to a non-insulated set when I can properly layer under the non-insulated version and stay warm, dry, and super comfortable. Heck, I feel like I'm fishing in my PJ's when it's cold out!
    Also isn't the "goretex pro" in the simms pro dry (and that suit only) a superior level of goretex?

I invested in Sitka’s Coldfront jacket and Calela’s Guide Wear bibs.

13. Banned
    How both sets, Sims is quality is better by far.

Simms Pro Dry better quality and it shows. Uses newer version of Gore-Tex vs old Gore Tex. Not that their's anything wrong with old Gore, but it's heavier, hotter. New Gore is lighter, more breathable. So depends on what you want. For colder climates I would say 100mph or original GuideWear or Gill Tourny. For warmer climates Simms Pro dry for sure, or maybe new GuideWear Pro if you want big box option.

Simms costs more, but you can probably find a deal on BF. If you are Mil/Vet/1RSP you can buy Simms direct from Dobyns for a healthy discount as well. I've also seen it online for a pretty decent discount at times as well (google BlueQuillAngler)

15. Member
    You should consider Gill FG2 tournament line...The jacket is the best of many that I have used, very protective for running...

16. Member
    How does the SIMMS challenger suite compare?
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

17. Member
    SCOURED the interwebs last spring to FIND the best possible deal on the SIMMS prodry...after wearing this summer...It is the best I have worn. got a medium jacket and it fits more athletic cut so it is narrow from the fore arm to the wrist and they designed it so you dont catch on zippers pockets etc. unlike the boxy over sized 100mph/200mph. Got the Large bibs cause I am a bit taller for the longer inseam and they adjust great. If you can find the best deal on SIMMS DO IT.....
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

18. Member
    Ive had my 100mph gear for 7-8 years and its still as waterproof as the day i bought it. When this suit wears out ill likely buy another. Im sure the simms is great, but for the price difference ill take my 100mph. In KY we get the full brunt of all 4 seasons. The 100mph is great in the spring, fall and really shines in the winter when i can just put jeans, a t shirt and sweatshirt under it and fish in whatever mother nature throws at us. It is hot in the summer and i have a cheaper lightweight set i wear for the small popup rainshowers but will wear the 100mph if its gonna be an all day downpour. Fwiw, in the 7-8 years ive owned it ive never had to apply any type of rewaterproofing stuff to it. It has lived up to the expectations i had when i bought it and thats all you can ask for out of a product
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    How does the SIMMS challenger suite compare?

Not well... if you search you will find a lot of complaints about the Challenger suit/material. It's not in the same league as the Pro Dry, although some expect to get Pro Dry performance for 1/4 the cost, and it just ain't going to happen.

IF you google that shop I mentioned earlier, you'll find a great price on the Pro Dry.

20. Member
    I have both and like them both. BPS 100MPH is my late fall walleye suit, rest of year it's SIMMS
    Risen From The Ashes!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast