Thread: New model 700

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    You'll be paying cash for that, obviously.
    I won't be paying $914 for it.. That's the other reason I'm buying it... With my buddy's friends and family discount I'm getting it at a bargain....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    I still have my fathers Remington 700 in a 25-06. Get what you want and dont look back.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    I wouldn't own a 270... Buy a 3006 and love every second of it
    I just the opposite as you. I wouldn't have a 30-06 and .270 is my favorite.

4. Banned
    I have several new 700's and several old ones. The older ones are all wooden stocks and my newer ones are synthetics but I can't tell any difference in the way any of them shoot. I honestly like hunting with the new ones better with the black finish and black cheap stocks. I'm not worried about getting them scratched.

arguing over caliber????? get one of each, nothing wrong with a .270 excellent deer cal. got a .260 rem, next will be creed. to go with 98 Swede in 6.5 x55. buy and shoot, reload and shoot some more!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I've had several 06s in the past...always go back to a 308...the reason I want the 270 is because it's the gun that my dad had..the last rifle he bought was a model 70 Winchester 308...I've got it but I always wanted that Model 700 270...reason I was thinking about the Redfield scope was because of that same reason....I wash someone would remake the old illuminater scope...widefield....that was an awesome scope...
    I have this very rifle myself. A 1982 Remington 700 BDL in 270 Win with a 3-9 Redfield Illuminator Widefield scope on it. Small world, huh?

7. Banned
    Lawler, enjoy your .270. Take time to shoot it, smell the burnt powder, and reminisce about your dad.

Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    I have this very rifle myself. A 1982 Remington 700 BDL in 270 Win with a 3-9 Redfield Illuminator Widefield scope on it. Small world, huh?
    Very popular setup back in the day...top of the line...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

I have an 870, 700 in .270, and a VersaMax, all have been great guns. I shoot Remington shotguns well so I've stuck with them.

10. Banned
    Get the .270, get what you want not what some are mentioning. If you like it and are happy with the price buy it.

11. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I've had several 06s in the past...always go back to a 308...the reason I want the 270 is because it's the gun that my dad had..the last rifle he bought was a model 70 Winchester 308...I've got it but I always wanted that Model 700 270...reason I was thinking about the Redfield scope was because of that same reason....I wash someone would remake the old illuminater scope...widefield....that was an awesome scope...
    A lot of people love those old redfields. I sold one on EBay last year and it brought double what I expected. I have a 700 bdl in 270, but it's stainless.

It has killed.lots of bucks out to 300 yards.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12