What the best gutter system for leaf protection.

This is a high steep roof so we need larger leaf guard gutters. Recommendations and any pricing suggestions please.

2. Banned
    Stihl makes a good one.

3. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Leaf filter is rated the best. We had them installed this summer. They work great.. Not the least expensive not the most..

4. Banned
    I put these on someone's house last summer and they handled the heavy leaf problem fine without breaking the bank. FlexxPoint 30 Year Gutter Cover System, Residential 5" Gutter Guards, 102ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMOJK7A..._eX46BbR07HD4Z

5. Member
    Just had new gutters, soffit and fascia on summer place done and used Raindrop gutter guards.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Just had new gutters, soffit and fascia on summer place done and used Raindrop gutter guards.
    Looked at the web site and this confuses me.

Downspout Clean-Out

Ideal for underground drainage or water harvesting systems. For homes that want the benefits of a micro screen gutter guard but without the expense and constant maintenance hazards associated with them.

Aren't Raindrops microscreen gutter guards? What maintenance hazards? falling?

7. Banned
    Englert Leafguard is what want. This gutter will fix your problem forever.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    I put these on someone's house last summer and they handled the heavy leaf problem fine without breaking the bank. FlexxPoint 30 Year Gutter Cover System, Residential 5" Gutter Guards, 102ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMOJK7A..._eX46BbR07HD4Z

I have these on my home and although they work very well for keeping leaves etc. out of the gutter, I have a problem on one area that has a very steep pitch... the water runs off the roof so fast it just runs right over the gutter and off to the patio. I almost need a lip at the bottom of the roof to slow down the water a little before it hits the gutter. Other than that one area, they really do work great though.

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I got Gutterguard from Costco. Pretty happy with them.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

10. Member
    Just had Leaf filter installed on Monday. Not cheapest but from all looks etc. seems to be the most effective. Great workmanship.

We got new 5" gutters, downspouts and "GutterGuard" leaf screens about 4 or 5 years ago. IIRC, we got 3 quotes and they were the most reasonable for the whole enchilada. They're awesome!!!!!!

12. Member
    I believe oversized gutters along with the covers that have a rolled open edge. Most of the wealthy folks in my area have big round style (sometimes even in copper) along with the guards I mentioned

13. Member
    Steep pitched roofs are a challenge for the gutter guard type gutters. I just got a quote for the leaf guard for my low pitched sections and sod gutters for the high pitched areas with covers to match the roof (important to do). Quote was just under 9k.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Steep pitched roofs are a challenge for the gutter guard type gutters. I just got a quote for the leaf guard for my low pitched sections and sod gutters for the high pitched areas with covers to match the roof (important to do). Quote was just under 9k.
    Ouch