Plastisol Color Recipes

I am starting a winter project of creating some plastics and am trying to make sure I order all the colors I will need to make the primary colors I use (green pumpkin, junebug, smoke, etc.). I am ordering LureWorks plastisol and colorant. Does anyone out there have any successful recipes they would be willing to share? I know much of this will be trial and error and I am looking forward to that aspect of it as well but I am trying to avoid ordering any unnecessary colors to make this as cost efficient as possible. Thanks!

3. Member
    Tackleunderground has a plastics cook book. You can read hundreds of recipes.

4. Member
    Tackleunderground & if you have any questions about a color that isn’t in the soft plastic cookbook sticky at the top of the page in the soft plastics forum just ask & someone will tell you how to make it or Atleast give you a place to start.

my best advice is go to tackleunderground, and go with Dead On Plastix plastisol. I have yet to use a better plastic and I've tried most of them out there.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRanger View Post
    my best advice is go to tackleunderground, and go with Dead On Plastix plastisol. I have yet to use a better plastic and I've tried most of them out there.
    I personally like lureworks or baitjunkys plastic better myself. Seems like deadon releases an oily residue more then these two.

7. Member
    I got the lureworks plastic and plan on trying it out this week. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

8. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    Quote Originally Posted by FishFryKY View Post
    I got the lureworks plastic and plan on trying it out this week. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    i encourage you to get a color wheel or visit one on a web site often as it can assist you in getting pointed to the direction you want to go on tints and shades as well as matching and making your own style.
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran