ALPHA 199 NEED HELP

I am looking at buying a alpha 199. Does anybody have deck measurements? Can you guys tell me the good and bad of this model?

2. Member
    What measurements do you need? I have access to mine, in storage. Nothing but good things to say about my 2016 Alpha 199, fast, rides and fishes awesome.

3. Member
    I have an 08 , can measure if you want. I had a 06 519 ranger before the Alpha. Ranger had more deck space and more deck storage . The Legend rides better in the 2ft chop.Both 70 mph boats depending on rigging.I miss the deck space of the Ranger but my neck doesnt miss the pounding.

4. Antique Tackle Guy
    Still up on website.

Mark P

Length: 19’10”
    Length on Trailer w/Swing Tongue: 22’10”
    Beam: 94″
    Persons/Weight Capacity: 6/800
    Approx. Boat Weight: 1590 lbs.
    Total Persons, Motor, Gear: 1500 lbs.
    Max Horsepower: 225
    Fuel Capacity: 42 gal.
    Livewell Capacity: 47 gal.
    Rod Storage: 8′ Rod Max.
    Front Fishing Deck: 40.2 sq.ft.
    Rear Fishing Deck: 25.5 sq.ft.
    Total Dry Storage: 34.6 cu.ft.
    Draft: 14.5″
    Trailer Width: 101″

5. Member
    What is the carpet measure in front of the console and what is the measurement from the front of the console to the front edge of the carpet?

6. Member
    Carpet across in front of console71"
    carpet from console to front 93"
    Last edited by clearlake outdoors; 11-29-2018 at 07:23 AM.

7. Member
    I don't have anything negative to say about a 199.

i have a 13 - really nothing bad to say about it. i love the boat. If i were to nitpick on a few things it would just be the rod locker - the tubes shouldn't be in there unless you have only 6'6" rods. The locker is a bit short for 7'6" to 8' rods. being said, i cram like 14 rods in there pretty easily and most are 7'3" or bigger with 4 8' - you just have to run them kind of up between the the front of the locker and the side of the hull. best to use rod sleeves on these.

the little day locker is kind of useless to me where its located, usually has rods on top of it and hard to get to. nothing really bad about it - its not like its in the way or fragile or anything, just not really convenient.

the other is - watch your weight, they will loose speed if you pack them to the gills with batteries/poles/gears etc.

Being said, the only boat by any brand i would even consider over my 199 is a 211.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    i have a 13 - really nothing bad to say about it. i love the boat. If i were to nitpick on a few things it would just be the rod locker - the tubes shouldn't be in there unless you have only 6'6" rods. The locker is a bit short for 7'6" to 8' rods. being said, i cram like 14 rods in there pretty easily and most are 7'3" or bigger with 4 8' - you just have to run them kind of up between the the front of the locker and the side of the hull. best to use rod sleeves on these.

the little day locker is kind of useless to me where its located, usually has rods on top of it and hard to get to. nothing really bad about it - its not like its in the way or fragile or anything, just not really convenient.

the other is - watch your weight, they will loose speed if you pack them to the gills with batteries/poles/gears etc.

Being said, the only boat by any brand i would even consider over my 199 is a 211.
    I have removed my rod tubes. 4 screws on handle rack, 3 screws on tubes. Much, much better.

yes i did the same. still can only fit longer rods on the far side however - most of my rods are 7'3" - 8' so that side is pretty tight. there's a gap between the front deck bulkhead and the hull many of them kind of squeeze through.