Trim Tilt on 1994 Evinrude Intruder 150

Can anyone tell me how to replace the switch on the throttle?

I think there is a set screw that lets you remove the cover. Seems like you put it in reverse to gain access to remove the screw... I have never done it but I do recall reading about it and I am thinking you put the gearshift in a particular position so it can be removed. Your gear shift is specific to your motor not your boat. Removing the gear shift will be the same on a Ranger/Triton/Bass Cat. The controls are specific to Evinrude so hence ask the question in the Evinrude forum.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Pretty close Gene, The rubber boot on the warm up button needs to be carefully removed, then the button can be pushed in and shifted to reverse. Remove the Phillips screw on the white nylon button, and remove the 1/8" Allen head set screw. The throttle can then be removed. You then remove the facia plate to remove the control box. There is a new kit as the old switch is NLA #0176530.

4. Member
    Thank you very much!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Pretty close Gene, The rubber boot on the warm up button needs to be carefully removed, then the button can be pushed in and shifted to reverse. Remove the Phillips screw on the white nylon button, and remove the 1/8" Allen head set screw. The throttle can then be removed. You then remove the facia plate to remove the control box. There is a new kit as the old switch is NLA #0176530.
    He has forgot more than I will ever know about Johnson/Evinrude so take his word as gold