Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    FunNSun in Hurst have a few Levantes left for around $140-150.

Kind of far for me though and now you two have me curious about the new model. Can you guys say if the new model will still be at the $199 price point or is that still TBD?
    Last edited by grout-scout; 11-16-2018 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Kind of far for me though and now you two have me curious about the new model. Can you guys say if the new model will still at the $199 price point or is that still TBD?

Yes. Price point will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by nwstriper View Post
    Love the Megabass rods. Build quality, balance, fit and finish is top notch in my book. This is my current line up. Looking for (different, better) suggestions or am I on the right track. Thanks
    FMJ- jigs, creature baits
    Perfict pitch- punch, frog, larger jigs and t-rigs
    Daemos- swimjigs
    Diablo spec r (gen 1)- chatter, spinner, buzzbait Fluoro
    Swingfire- chatter, spinner, buzzbait braid
    EMTF (gen 1)-T rig large worms, football head jigs
    Tour Versatile (gen 1) heavy jigs, T rigs, biffleheads
    Flatside special Top water, cranks

All of these are gen 1 XX’s

Flatside Special-squarebills, small cranks, small swimbait/underspins, lighter topwater, some jerkbaits.
    Tour Versatile-larger texas rigs, jigs, medium sized swimbaits, heavier cover chatterbait, some frogs, magnum shakey heads, larger top water.
    Perfect Pitch-light flipping and pitching jigs and T-Rigs, frogs.
    Jig/Worm-primary jig and texas rig for rod for up to or just over 1/2 ounce.
    Diablo Spec R-primary chatterbait/spinnerbait swim jig, lipless cranks and some squarebills.
    Swingfire-some lipless baits, swim jigs, smaller squarebills.

Destroyer Black Jungle Super Red Demon-heavy cover flipping and punching, mag swimbaits, and heavy A-Rigs.

Hyuga Series 72 H
    Carolina Rig, heavier cover swim jig and chatterbaits, A-rig, swimbaits, mag topwater/frogs, heavy spinnerbaits.

Gen 2 XX
    Launcher-primary crankbait rod, larger crankbaits, magnum squarebills, A-Rig, swimbaits.

Gen 2 XX spinning
    Shakey Head-shakey head, Ned rig, and drop shot rod.

4. Member
    Of your list, IMHO you should add the Power Versatile, Faust, and super Destroyer.

5. Member
    Everyone's got their own preferences and the waters we fish likely have a bearing on that, so this may or may not be applicable to everyone...But I'm a bit of a MB junkie so here's what I use all of mine for. FWIW I live in an area where we have just about every type of fishing from shallow tidal rivers to deep mountain lakes and pretty much everything in between...

I love all of my MB rods but there are some standouts. The BJ Deep Crank / Slow Roll rod is awesome for chatterbaits, it might be my favorite rod of all when used in that application. The SBS, TV, and DSR are insanely versatile, I have 2 of each for that reason - I could probably fish with nothing but these 3 rod models and be perfectly fine for any casting technique. I'm bummed that the SBS didn't get continued in the Gen2 lineup, it's one of my favorites. The Perfect Pitch is also something special, don't think I've ever fished another rod that can pitch/flip both 1/4oz and 1oz weights perfectly...Sometimes I like to pitch small stuff like a Z-Craw Jr on a 1/4oz texas rig into heavy cover and I don't need to sacrifice rod power to do it effectively thanks to the PP.

Nothing missing from your list and I wouldn't really change anything...Other than saying the Swingfire is underpowered for chatterbait fishing to me, but using braid I could see it working out...Might even try it out (I use FC). If you wanted to add one, I'd suggest a SBS if you can find one (or they re-introduce it in the Gen2's or other lineups).

Gen1 XX's:
    Perfect Pitch - Flipping/Pitching, 1/2oz and 5/8oz casting jigs
    Tour Versatile (w/FC) - Casting/skipping jigs (3/8 and 1/2 usually), big spinnerbaits, medium swimbaits
    Tour Versatile (w/braid) - Buzzbaits, toads and Sprinker-type frogs, ploppers, general-use heavy/grass fishing
    Spinnerbait Special - Spinnerbaits, Squarebills, big jerkbaits (110 Magnum, etc)
    EMTF - Swingheads (3/8 or 1/2), C-Rigs, lighter texas/jigs, miscellaneous
    DSR (w/FC) - Light-wire or finesse jigs, chatterbaits, lipless, spinnerbaits,
    DSR (w/braid) - topwater walkers, Plopper90's, smaller buzzbaits
    Jerkbait Special - Jerkbaits, poppers
    Flatside Special - Jerkbaits, shallow cranks, blade baits
    Swingfire - Shallow to medium cranks
    Shakeyhead - Dock skipping, shakeyheads
    Ronin - Weightless wacky rigs, jerkbaits (esp small sized like Pointer68), small swimbaits

X4 Series:
    110 Stick - Jerkbaits, poppers
    711 - Flipping/punching up to 3/4oz weight size, swimbaits up to 6" Magdraft or S-Waver168, A-rigs
    Aaron Martens Limited - Drop Shot, Ned, misc finesse

Black Jungle:
    Deep Cranking & Slow Rolling - Chatterbaits (this is my favorite chatterbait rod so far)
    Deep Throat Custom - Shallow to medium cranks

USA Destroyer:
    Valdivia - Just got this rod, so not much to report yet...But it feels like a great football jig rod, among other things.

Levante:
    Shakeyhead - Shakeyheads, small swimbaits, Neko, misc finesse
    -Logan

6. Member
    Thank you all very much for your suggestions and recommendations. My Megabass line up is taking shape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12