74 mph run on Toledo Bend

2. Member
    Rolling! It looks like it could be trimmed out more. Maybe a little more speed.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama1547 View Post
    Rolling! It looks like it could be trimmed out more. Maybe a little more speed.
    I'm still playing with the jack plate height and trim. I didn't have much space in the running lanes before I had to turn. The builder got it to 77.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Is she fully broken in? What kind of RPMs are you seeing at wot?

Yeah I’d say that center console is def slowing you down!

She looks sweet screaming, down the water!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Is she fully broken in? What kind of RPMs are you seeing at wot?

Yeah I’d say that center console is def slowing you down!

She looks sweet screaming, down the water!
    It was touching 6k at 74. At 77 it was at 6300. I’m not sure if it will get to 77 with the new windshield. I didn’t have enough room to run test it out. I’ll be running it again on thanksgiving weekend in more familiar water so I’ll see how fast it will actually go.

7. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Thats pretty sweet i bet thats a blast. You like the way the motor runs? Now the real question that matters because we all know speed in a tin boat is foolish how is it with the trolling motor down?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vjohn05 View Post
    It was touching 6k at 74. At 77 it was at 6300. I’m not sure if it will get to 77 with the new windshield. I didn’t have enough room to run test it out. I’ll be running it again on thanksgiving weekend in more familiar water so I’ll see how fast it will actually go.
    Come on now, these guys aren’t going to believe a windshield can cost you speed. I’ve had that conversation between a single and dual console, even different trolling motors with thesparkle sled guys.

Looks like you’ve got that big aluminum boat hooked up pretty good.

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That boat isn’t set up for speed either...except for the 300R!! That baby is set up to fish!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Thats pretty sweet i bet thats a blast. You like the way the motor runs? Now the real question that matters because we all know speed in a tin boat is foolish how is it with the trolling motor down?
    its got plenty of power throughout the range, I have no complaints so far. I came from a 21ft ranger fish ski and I think it fishes much better than that. The wind doesn't really seem to bother it anymore than the ranger. The ultrex is awesome and worth every penny.

its got plenty of power throughout the range, I have no complaints so far. I came from a 21ft ranger fish ski and I think it fishes much better than that. The wind doesn't really seem to bother it anymore than the ranger. The ultrex is awesome and worth every penny.
    I can just imagine that motor having a ton of rollon power. Bet thats fun.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    I can just imagine that motor having a ton of rollon power. Bet thats fun.
    Ive ran a couple on big go fast boats. One day I was in an Allison 21XB without much in it. The acceleration was amazing between 30 and 70 mph. It seemed to be faster than the gps could keep up, the numbers were a blur. It’s a very strong power plant.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Ive ran a couple on big go fast boats. One day I was in an Allison 21XB without much in it. The acceleration was amazing between 30 and 70 mph. It seemed to be faster than the gps could keep up, the numbers were a blur. It’s a very strong power plant.
    I would love to drive a boat like that but then i would have to have one lol. No feeling like acceleration no matter what you are driving.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    after going 70 in a boat id be terrified to go much faster than that. 80 or 90 seems insane to me, got to know what you are doing to go that fast.

16. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Yea, but does she catch fish or just go fast?
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Yea, but does she catch fish or just go fast?
    Caught exactly 4 fish so far lol. Trying to add to that in a few mins

18. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Good Luck young man!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

19. Member
    after going 70 in a boat id be terrified to go much faster than that. 80 or 90 seems insane to me, got to know what you are doing to go that fast.
    Yes you do. I don't have the skill to drive one at 90...or at least I haven't been in the hull I could. I normally hit my limit about 86. You don't just chop the throttle at those speeds because you can bow hook one real easy. There are other variables to think about like lower unit blow out at those speeds as well. It takes a BUNCH of seat time. I've always made a couple of passes down the river before making those kinds of runs to make sure there isn't a bunch of floating stuff. You hit something that knocks you off pad and it can get dicey real fast. I saw a floating bottle one day in my Sabre trucking along about 70 and knew when I felt it hit the lower unit (just a slight bump on the wheel) what was coming. It doesn't take much in an 18 foot boat running that speed to make you pull the vinyl off the seats with your butt cheeks LOL. Running 80 in a 20' boat feels about the same to give you an idea. It's all about the hull. The boats made for the speeds, they really are easier to drive at speed. I haven't even been in a Gator Trax, much less drove one. I've seen videos of them running. I bet they have a good running surface. 74 in a center console is trucking. I've done it in a big salt water CC, but dude had three 350 V-8's hanging off the tail.

You can bet those go fast guys have LOTS of seat time to run 90+ MPH!