GT52 on Minnkota Ultrex

Hi all,

Is there any tutorial to install GT52 ducer on Minnkota Ultrex?
    Could you send me any pics or video to help me?

Thanks for your support

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    There are no special things to do except have enough slack in the cables near head of TM so when it turns it does not break them......i also ran the cable down the TM cable and housed them in a "troll jacket"........

Here is my GT52 and PS22 on the Ultrex....

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Does it interfere with the readings received by the transducer, if it is placed in the same position but the oval part of the transducer facing the side of the propeller? Basically, place it backwards...

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    There are no special things to do except have enough slack in the cables near head of TM so when it turns it does not break them......i also ran the cable down the TM cable and housed them in a "troll jacket"........

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    It shouldn't....the curve part is the "front" but i think there is a flip option in the menu should you turn it around......the only thing i could think of is the square end facing forward could create some turbulence but i can not confirm that as i have not mounted it that way.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jyuber View Post
    Does it interfere with the readings received by the transducer, if it is placed in the same position but the oval part of the transducer facing the side of the propeller? Basically, place it backwards...
    I don't think I get what you are saying. It seems like you are saying to point the elements into the blade of the trolling motor.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I don't think I get what you are saying. It seems like you are saying to point the elements into the blade of the trolling motor.
    Hi Leonard,

I want to know which is the correct position in which I have to install the transducer.

Is the curved part of the ducer the one that has to be installed looking at the propeller of the TM or should it be the square part?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Hi Leonard,

I want to know which is the correct position in which I have to install the transducer.

Is the curved part of the ducer the one that has to be installed looking at the propeller of the TM or should it be the square part?

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    It gets installed like i have it in the pics above....

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post

Quick question
    Will the TM turn 360 or more deg.
    Thinking Of getting one but worried about the transducer cables being broken

Thanks

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Sure does.....as long as you have plenty of slack in the cables, there will be no issue.....in the first pic you will notice the wires are only "attached" to the lower portion of the shaft with plenty of slack.

11. Member
    Thanks
    One more how does it do on keeping on the spot lock position.
    I had the Terrova about 5 years back on a fairly light boat and in much wind it might not try and correct itself until I was 20’ or so off spot. Some of the time if the boat had turned around much it would just about throw me out. After a few times I sold it.

Thanks for your time

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Never had this type of TM before but I'll say it works and will hold me in place, of course it's not perfect but I'd say with a few feet......this Feb/March will be a year that I have it.....no issue and no complaints from me....came from a MG Tour...

FC has his Ultrex set up just how it’s supposed to be done. Just match what he has set up and your good to go. The Ultrex on the other hand is not something you really want! It’s something you absolutely NEED
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,