is it required to register and title a jet ski trailer for KY?

I'm going to purchase a jet ski trailer for my kayak and the owner does not have the title for it. Does a jet ski trailer have to be register and titled in the state of KY?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

2. Member
    It's my understanding that they do not or we would have license plates like IN does.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

3. bullyfish
    No

Zero experience with a jet ski trailer...my boat trailer came with a title but KY does not require me to register or licence it. When I bought my boat and trailer my local clerk's office when ahead and documented my trailer as having a title. Basically it's just on file saying I have a trailer title but its not licensed. In years past there has been times when I get a card for my boat taxes I also get a card for my trailer with $0.00 due. I always get my boat tax card every year but the trailer card with $0 due is a card I only seem to get every few years. If I pull into a state that requires a license I am exempt because the state I reside in does not require a license. If you live in a state that requires a license then a title is a must have thing but in KY that is not the case. However I do think it's best to have one to show proof of ownership but legally its not required in our state.

How I explained it is the way I understand it...To be sure that what I am telling you is correct I would call your local County Court Clerk's office

5. Member
    thanks guys! I called the County Clerk and the woman that answer the phone said that it's not required to have it registered.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    thanks guys! I called the County Clerk and the woman that answer the phone said that it's not required to have it registered.
    Always best to get it straight from the horse's mouth... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    Just be careful. Here in Christian County I was told the same thing. Only problem was when I went to transfer titles I was still liable for all back taxes and late fees. Trailer property taxes are due in March