caracal test ride

Looking to buy a new boat this winter and the choices I have narrowed it down to are another skeeter zx225 or a caracal my problem is I have never rode in or driven a caracal or a basscat for that matter. Is there anyone within 2-3 hours of st louis who would take me and my wife out for a couple hours and this is not a must but also let me dive? I know this is a long shot and a lot to ask but I don't want to go drop 60K on a boat I have never been in. Also I would be more than happy to pay for gas thanks in advance.

You might want to post on the BassCat Owners Board as well: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...cat-boats-f63/

3. Member
    Contact Bass Cat. If there is one available in your area they will know who it is and get everything ready for you.

https://www.basscatstore.com/contact-us.aspx

If I was closer, u would b welcome to test mine. I ran skeeters for years, including a ax 225, my last being a 20i w/ SHO. I can not emphasis enuf, about "seat time" in a bass cat. The more I fish, and drive my caracal, the more I like it.
    Gene
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

5. Member
    Contact Dupo Marine. I think they can get you in touch with Charlie Smith who’s running a Caracal. I also think he’s a rep for Bass Cat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NattyLite View Post
    Contact Dupo Marine. I think they can get you in touch with Charlie Smith who’s running a Caracal. I also think he’s a rep for Bass Cat.
    Charlie will make you a good deal on a new one too. Give him a call. He is just right across the river from you and could get you on the river quick. If it don't work out with Charlie pm me and we can work something out on a ride at lake of The Ozarks. I have a 2018 model.

7. Member
    PM Sent!!

Where are you located? Also join the fb group. Theres tons of guys on there to link up with that will take you. I know guys off hand in NC, Ohio, and IL. I could link you with
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

9. Member
    Charlie sold his caracal and is running a cougar FTD, but get a hold of Monty at dupo marine ,he should have someone running a caracal that would be happy to take you out!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flybyy1 View Post
    If I was closer, u would b welcome to test mine. I ran skeeters for years, including a ax 225, my last being a 20i w/ SHO. I can not emphasis enuf, about "seat time" in a bass cat. The more I fish, and drive my caracal, the more I like it.
    Gene
    The deck layout and they way everyone has nothing but good things to say about how they ride is the reason I am looking so hard at them. Or I would be back in another skeeter for sure as I have had it for 10 years now and been a fantastic boat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    PM Sent!!
    replied

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Where are you located? Also join the fb group. Theres tons of guys on there to link up with that will take you. I know guys off hand in NC, Ohio, and IL. I could link you with
    Located in st louis and willing to drive a bit, would just make a nice weekend mini vaca out of it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by purple haze View Post
    Charlie sold his caracal and is running a cougar FTD, but get a hold of Monty at dupo marine ,he should have someone running a caracal that would be happy to take you out!
    Monty is fantastic actually dupo marine as a whole is GREAT but finding a caracal to ride in has not been easy.