Lake Master vs Navionics maps

How do they compare? Any reason to select one vs the other. Iam currently using Navionics in my Helix 7.

Lakemaster has less coverage, you need to check the Lakemaster lake list to see if they are comparable in the number of waters covered and the same locations.
    The ones listed as Lakemaster High Definition Survey* waters are very good.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    As Wayne mentioned, Lakemaster has less coverage overall, which means many of the areas you fish might not be covered. Navionics on the other hand has a huge selection of covered lakes, including HD maps and you can take those cards and use them for other brands of electronics if you end up switching brands down the line. I personally only use Navionics because that is what I am used to and I have never been left wanting with the charts they offer.

To really answer your question as it pertains to you, you will need to go to Navionics' WebApp to see what lakes Navionics covers that are most important to you:

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...key=k_ruEvdcgO

4. Member
    They are both good map cards and as mentioned above you really need to check to see if and how your set of lakes are mapped. I run both cards and all of my lakes are mapped in HD already by both brands.

My only complaint with Navionics is that unless you renew your $99 subscription every year certain map features are automatically deactivated when the license date expires. Last year I decided to let my subscription run out. So, I have paid $500 over 4 years for a Navionics card that now has features turned off. To be fair some of these features like Fishing Range I believe were only for Lowrance units.

Since I plan to buy a new console graph soon I would rather save that $99 and put it toward a unit that has a larger screen that can also run my Lake Master card which has no expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kboater View Post
    They are both good map cards and as mentioned above you really need to check to see if and how your set of lakes are mapped. I run both cards and all of my lakes are mapped in HD already by both brands.

My only complaint with Navionics is that unless you renew your $99 subscription every year certain map features are automatically deactivated when the license date expires. Last year I decided to let my subscription run out. So, I have paid $500 over 4 years for a Navionics card that now has features turned off. To be fair some of these features like Fishing Range I believe were only for Lowrance units.

Since I plan to buy a new console graph soon I would rather save that $99 and put it toward a unit that has a larger screen that can also run my Lake Master card which has no expiration date.
    You loose no map features without a subscription, you loose Lowrance settings without an active subscription.

Humminbird units don't have those Lowrance settings so the map card is not affected in any way. Just cannot do Freshest Data Updates without an active subscription.

With Lakemaster, there is no updating to get current data. If you want any added coverage that a annual edition has, you have to purchase a new annual map card. A Lakemaster map card is more than $99.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You loose no map features without a subscription, you loose Lowrance settings without an active subscription.

Humminbird units don't have those Lowrance settings so the map card is not affected in any way. Just cannot do Freshest Data Updates without an active subscription.

With Lakemaster, there is no updating to get current data. If you want any added coverage that a annual edition has, you have to purchase a new annual map card. A Lakemaster map card is more than $99.

Good looking out Wayne! This is a key point.

7. Member
    X2

8. Member
    Both are required where I normally fish.

9. Member
    Never used Navonics and the lakes I fish are High Def. on Lakemaster....it is my understanding that Navionics does not have a depth offset feature. To me that means that when the lake depth fluctuates I no longer know how deep the water is in advance. Now I just ride to a flat and make the depth on the map the same as what the finder is showing.

10. Banned
    TVA will drop Chickamauga 6 feet @ winter pool. I run Lakemaster and adjust low water offset 6 feet. I then adjust the shallow water high lite in red for 4 feet and never even look at my depth reading while running as I know I won't run aground. Every winter I see people stuck in the mud somewhere on the lake because they cut inside a marker buoy trying to take a short cut or hit a shallow water hump they didn't know was there.

Bill

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post

Happened to me mid tourney on the Potomac this past Spring. ><
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite | Merc 250 ProXS

12. Member
    I use both because some of my lakes Navionics is better than Lakemaster and some Lakemaster is better than Navionics.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO