Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We remodeled in 2009 and bought a set of Maytag front loaders. I remember my wife saying the front loader washer spins the clothes so well the dryer could keep up with the washer if she had multiple loads. She really like our Maytag front loaders. Only one issue in about 10 years. Around 3-4 years ago an electrical board went out. I was able to troubleshoot the problem myself. An OEM part was going to be about $150 with a 5 day wait from Maytag. I found a new aftermarket part for around $90 on amazon with two day shipping...we did not want to wait 5 days and I am all for saving 60 bones so went went the aftermarket part. I would buy Maytag again based on our experience.

2. Member
    Look at the Maytag commercial washer and dryer. We bought these units earlier this year and very happy.

Clothes are clean and no smell like some front loaders.

Washer is top load.

My son made fun of them at first. He said they looked like no-frill units designed for prisons. He calls them institutional-grade.

They flat-out wash/dry clothes. I have to use medium heat on dryer. On high heat, the clothes are too hot to pull out of dryer. You can dry load of towels or bluejeans on high and not worry about how long it takes to dry.

Similar to speed queen at lower price.

https://www.maytag.com/washers-and-d...mvwp575gw.html

https://www.maytag.com/washers-and-d...medp575gw.html

3. Member
    We went with a Samsung front-loader a year ago, replacing a large top-loader.

Clothes are cleaner, and wrung drier, and the dryer filter isn't clogged up after a single load, anymore.

No out-of-balance loads anymore, either!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Washing clothes is my wife's life. And she just loves her Speed Queens.
    If you were looking for Maytag, Speed Queen is the closest out there to what Maytag used to be. Whirlpool bought them several years ago and the ones that would last for decades died with the sale of the company. My family has been in the appliance business since 1946.
    2003 Ranger 521VX
    2003 Mercury 250XS S# 0T652530

My wife bought Bosh Front loader washer and drier there going on 13 yrs. and so far no problems. You might pay a little more but to me it is worth it.

My wife bought bosh Front loader washer and drier there going on 13 yrs. and so far no problems. You might pay a little more but to me it is worth it.

7. Member
    We had front loads i was glad when they broke down i wasnt about to fix them always smelling and never got the clothes clean!! now we got a basic large capacity top load and a basic dryer it does well for us but we do alot of clothes we do at least 2-3 loads every day!!so something basic was a must

8. Banned
    Bought a new Maytag top loader with agitator about six weeks ago and so far so good.

Recently bought maytag "bravo XL commercial technology" washer and dryer. Pretty awesome so far, but I also worry about the computers in these things. Last set of "knob Maytags lasted 15 plus years...and the dryer was still cranking when we let them go for the new stuff.

https://www.reviewed.com/laundry/con...machine-review

Speed Queen. Have both washer and dryer and both have been flawless. Made in USA too.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

Our Whirlpool washer and dryer finally gave up the ghost about 6 months ago, we replaced with Samsung and wow, great machines.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

I can tell you do not under any circumstances but the Maytag Bravo XLs!!! Washer absolutly sucks balls and won’t wash anything and it will twist the crap out of your cloths and ruin most of them ... went back and fourth with Maytag on it... they wanted to send a tech ... a tech won’t fix bad design !!

13. Member
    Speed Queen!!!

We bought an LG set about 14 months ago. My wife loves them. Loves the large drums. We can wash comforters now instead of taking them to the laundry. There is even an app that will let you know when the dryer is done. I installed it on my phone. It was one of those because I can kind of things. It was fun once. I’m not really allowed to do laundry but I guess I’m ok with that.
    14 months is a little to early to tell how long it will last but so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I can tell you do not under any circumstances but the Maytag Bravo XLs!!! Washer absolutly sucks balls and won’t wash anything and it will twist the crap out of your cloths and ruin most of them ... went back and fourth with Maytag on it... they wanted to send a tech ... a tech won’t fix bad design !!
    Hmmm...ours have been awesome. Had them a few months now and no issues whatsoever.

16. Member
    We had front load LG and the wife hated it...smell / no water.....Came in hear and the concensus was Speed Queen. Like Wormdunker said, went with basic dial controlled top load and the wife is happy. Happy wife / Happy .............

17. Member
    Had a Whirlpool Cabrio- biggest POS ever made. When it let go, I found a GE top loader with the agitator at Home Depot. So far, so good- going on 5 yrs now. My dryer is a Maytag commercial. I don’t care If they don’t match. My next washer, and hopefully it will be a while from now, will be a Speed Queen. My parents just got one and it’s a tank.

18. Banned
    You've got Speed Queen. And you've got Fisher Paykel. And then you have all the rest. Industry consolidation has many different brands being built by the same company. And they're into good looks and fancy electronics throughout the industry rather than long lasting quality.

We went the middle model electronic controls Speed Queen instead of the base model because of a long, long warranty other brands don't have. And the price wasn't that much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdadking View Post
    We didn't like our front loader, didn't have any trouble with the mold or mildew because we'd leave the door open to dry out, just didn't like it. We replaced them with top loader LG washer and dryer and the wife really likes them. Only thing is being an HE washer some loads take over an hour to cycle.

US too.....get a top loaded
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

20. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    speed queen all day every day..
    you can get the pair for a little over $1500.00 on sale.. (just tell the sales guy they're on sale today )

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast