Banned

Multi species boat

Is Vexus coming out with a multi species boat? Any idea when ?

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Is Vexus coming out with a multi species boat? - "Yes"
    Any idea when ? - "Still working on it, no ETA as of yet"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Is Vexus coming out with a multi species boat? - "Yes"
    Any idea when ? - "Still working on it, no ETA as of yet"

Can you toss us a bone and tell us what it might be like? Glass or tin? How about the possible length and engine hp? I'm thinking of replacing my 2007 Ranger Fisherman 619 with another 619 unless Vexus has something has a contender that would interest me.

4. Banned
    Sure would be good to know. Many of us are looking at selling current models and or buying second boats etc.

by by not having some sort of information on when people are going to have to buy something sooner than later.

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Wish i could brag more on plans for the future, but until we are closer, there is not much i can say.
    best i can do right now is ask you all to be patient, and know we are working hard to make a great product; and that takes time ..
    hang in there, please

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Wish i could brag more on plans for the future, but until we are closer, there is not much i can say.
    best i can do right now is ask you all to be patient, and know we are working hard to make a great product; and that takes time ..
    hang in there, please

Fair enough, thanks for the response.

7. Member
    Dangit Steve. We need info. We need it now!

I am in a 98 R 681VS right now and love it, but there are a few things I would change about it if I could. I'd keep the 9'-6" side rod locker. I'd keep the storage in front of the console. I would not have a big open space in front of the console, but rather extend the front deck back to just in front of the console and have a cooler step up to the deck. RECESSED FOOT PEDAL so the Ultrex pedal has a home. I would take out the rear deck extension space and put the gas tank back there or under the floor with an access panel in case things need service. I would rework the splashwell for better drainage and integrate a better diverter for backwash when coming off pad. I would rework the console for flush mounted graphs and a rod ramp for the front deck angler's extra rods. Stretch it just enough to meet the 150 hp ratings but not any more than that. And call it good.

The market is absolutely flooded with 18 foot multi-species boats that are 8 feet wide and need a 175 just to get on plane. They weigh way too much. They have full windshields that take up valuable space. They are overdone and overpriced.

Love my 681 but it could be improved. If it is built, I would buy one.

8. Banned
    I also have a Everglades 273 cc.

You our would love that boat. Not for bass but certainly multi species.

9. Member
    Nice was told by a rep from Vexus that they did not envision a multi species rig anytime soon. This was back in June, so hopefully that has changed.

10. Member
    Sure be nice to see a high quality multi-species tiller boat in the line-up. The Angler 175T was a awesome boat and there nothing like it being offered today. It’s a shame a guy can’t purchase a full-featured fiberglass tiller boat rated for a 60 or 90 hp engine.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

11. Member
    Binder, take a look at the Backtroller Avid. You want a full featured glass tiller, that one takes the cake. I've spoke to John Thelen several times about those boats. Rock solid, hand built, one at a time. I doubt we'll see a fiberglass tiller from Vexus within the next three years in the smaller size range, though I would love to be surprised by them. I really liked the 175T as well except for the gas tank being in the bow. There was absolutely zero bow storage in the boat. I get that they did it for balance but it was major space consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Binder View Post
    Sure be nice to see a high quality multi-species tiller boat in the line-up. The Angler 175T was a awesome boat and there nothing like it being offered today. It’s a shame a guy can’t purchase a full-featured fiberglass tiller boat rated for a 60 or 90 hp engine.
    Warriorboatsinc.com warrior 1890 18' 90hp max tiller, 2090 20' 250 hp tiller
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

13. Member
    Wonder if it will be more geared towards the Lund Pro V bass styled boats. Like a hybrid bass/pike boat with the open layout and additional seating. Family is growing, running out of seats for two kids and their gramps real soon. Love that Pro V Bass layout.

Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    Dangit Steve. We need info. We need it now!

I am in a 98 R 681VS right now and love it, but there are a few things I would change about it if I could. I'd keep the 9'-6" side rod locker. I'd keep the storage in front of the console. I would not have a big open space in front of the console, but rather extend the front deck back to just in front of the console and have a cooler step up to the deck. RECESSED FOOT PEDAL so the Ultrex pedal has a home. I would take out the rear deck extension space and put the gas tank back there or under the floor with an access panel in case things need service. I would rework the splashwell for better drainage and integrate a better diverter for backwash when coming off pad. I would rework the console for flush mounted graphs and a rod ramp for the front deck angler's extra rods. Stretch it just enough to meet the 150 hp ratings but not any more than that. And call it good.

The market is absolutely flooded with 18 foot multi-species boats that are 8 feet wide and need a 175 just to get on plane. They weigh way too much. They have full windshields that take up valuable space. They are overdone and overpriced.

Love my 681 but it could be improved. If it is built, I would buy one.
    ^This!
    Use existing 1980 layout with shortened rear deck to allow more cockpit/floor space; pedestal seats with flip-up jump seats in the back. Offer a single console version, using the existing Vexus console that allows long rods to sit alongside the console.

15. Member
    Like I said the Lund Pro V Bass layout haha. This format from a vexus would be pretty cool.

16. Member
    I’ve always been impressed with the designs that Keith, Randy and their team have assembled. Hopefully they can provide us a fiberglass multi-species tiller boat at some point. I’m sure it’s not a top priority, but at some point it certainly would be nice to see. They built beautiful high quality boats.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

17. Member
    A modern version of the Ranger 692 niche is what we need, no Lund pro v bass copies.

18. Member
    To each his own, I personally like the Pro V layout more. Like the big front deck

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    ^This!
    Use existing 1980 layout with shortened rear deck to allow more cockpit/floor space; pedestal seats with flip-up jump seats in the back. Offer a single console version, using the existing Vexus console that allows long rods to sit alongside the console.
    Yep!