Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    After having 2 vehicles totaled by unresponsible drivers and almost loosing my life, 1 uninsured and not even registered I let my insurance company and the police handle it. Both accidents were 100% the other drivers fault in my case and my wifes. Sorry to say but a lot of folks don't give a crap about the other person. Obviously by driving without insurance. Driving is a privilege NOT a right. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Maybe she was going to her 2nd job? We have no idea, the only thing we know from the OP is that she was uninsured and hit his wife.
    Oh, well that makes it different. Besides rushing a sick child for emergency treatment or having a second job, are there other things that make it ok to drive without insurance?

As an aside, I remember driving in Rhode Island in 1974 shortly after they became a no fault insurance state. I was driving down the main street when some guy runs a stop sign on a side street and hit me pretty much broadside. State determined that he was 85% wrong for running the stop and I was 15% wrong for being in the intersection when he did it. Figure that one out...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

I will never be able to figure out Rhode Island....

4. Member
    We have to carry uninsured insurance, i thought everybody did, i would let your insurance company take care of it thats what you pay for.

5. Member
    We have a high number of folks from south of us, since Katrina. Most have no insurance, nor drivers license. If one of these folks hits you, good luck....

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Uninsured motorist pulled out in front of my wife last month. They gave her a ticket for no insurance, but not for failure to give right of way because the driver was known by the policeman personally and they were "poor."

We have a 2018 Camry, and each headlight was $1K, the hood was $985 and it got the bumper, grill and a/c condenser. Total--$5700, of which I paid $300. Thankfully the air bags didn't go off.

Our insurance company has already started the groundwork to sue the owner of the car. And they promise to pay back our deductible--if they're successful. We're not holding our breath. I have absolutely no feelings for someone that refuses to keep cheap $30K liability coverage on their car. I think they should take their drivers' licenses until they pay for our repairs.
    They are driving without insurance (against the law) why do you think no license will make any difference?

7. Banned
    BBC way. Get out of the car and beat some a$$

8. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    BBC way. Get out of the car and beat some a$$
    thought the bbc way was to get out of the car and shoot them because they are a danger
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    thought the bbc way was to get out of the car and shoot them because they are a danger
    Ya gotta boycott em first...

10. Member
    If your state requires insurance, they not only would they have ticketed the at fault driver, BUT they would have impounded her vehicle for no insurance.

Here we're required to carry it, and UIM comes with it. (Uninsured Motorist) The amount that UIM pays will be dependent on what you have in your policy.

If you drive around with several $100K ~ $200K vehicles then you for SURE need more than the 'basic' coverage just to make sure that when one of those 'deadbeats' slams into you, then you have enough coverage to cover your vehicle(s) up to the point of a total loss. And yes they are deadbeats if they are driving around without insurance and risking both THEIR lives and welfare as well as everyone elses!

Don't sell insurance, but I've been involved with it since the mid 80's in a professional aspect. From owing a towing business, to being committee chair for the state towing association for several years. Insurance also pays our bills as my wife works for a big salvage auction that sells total loss, recovered theft, etc. vehicles for insurance companies for 35 years now.

You *shouldn't* end up with a premium increase in this instance because the other driver was ticketed 'at fault'. It's still keep an eye on your premiums though over the next couple years.

We're changing our carrier after over 30 years because one, they've just gotten too high. Two, my agent retired and didn't bother to tell us and sold his "book" to another agent 2 hours away! And three, we found out last year when we renewed in December that they paid a freaking TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR CLAIM and charged it to our son and didn't bother to even call us to do a phone interview! I mean WTH???

He and another woman were in a minor deal at a gas station and she raised so much hell that he called the cops. She actually hit him in the back bumper and scratched her hood when she was pulling around his vehicle at the pumps, but she said he hit backed up and hit her. The cops came and said it was so minor (not a mark on his 4Runner) that nobody could be ticketed, (plus it was on private property) and that it'd be best to just contact your insurance company. She raised such hell that he had to threaten to arrest her to get her to shut up! Come to find out, some 10 months later, she filed a claim against us and THEY PAID IT!
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 250 Opti w/SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12"

NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Wireless Lighting Controller
    Carbon 12's & 9 on Precision Sonar mounts and A/T.
    GHOST w/3-in-1 & 360.
    Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    If you call your ins co. then prepare to pay the deductible or get it refunded to you from the person that hit you.

12. Banned
    As long as your wife is ok that's all that matters! Go through your insurance you don't need any more stress at this point

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    28 yr old with no insurance but mom n dad will pay.....I'm sure there was a good reason to not have insurance......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

14. Member
    I was rear ended by an uninsured driver, had the car fixed by my insurance and paid the deductible. They took care of everything and refunded my deductible on my uninsured coverage after all investigations were completed. Never raised my rates.
    Danny

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Micro aggression alert!
    What did I say that could be construed as hostile, derogatory, or having a negative prejudicial slight?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Micro aggression alert!
    Triggered!

17. Member
    Definitely let insurance handle it. Had a situation of two guys pulling across and intersection and I t boned them. Police initially were trying to deam it my fault until I pointed out that the other individuals story had changed 3 times since the accident. Oh and showed the dash cam footage.

18. Member
    Forgot to mention, that *IF* the other owner ends up having insurance, then your carrier will "subrogate" your initial out of pocket expenses from them. IE your deductible(s).

All companies have dedicated subrogation departments that do nothing but try and recover their losses from other at-fault drivers.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 250 Opti w/SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12"

NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Wireless Lighting Controller
    Carbon 12's & 9 on Precision Sonar mounts and A/T.
    GHOST w/3-in-1 & 360.
    Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123