Livescope vs UHD DI?

How does the detail compare between UHD DI and livescope?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Not sure you can compare them cause they are two different "types" of sonar.....UHD is an "picture" the other is a "motion picture".....just my thoughts...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Banned
    My take is this....... When idling the images on the LS appear and disappear way to fast to be useful for me. There is no way that is all I would have in my boat.

4. Member
    I was thinking the scenario where you go over a brush pile and mark it with DI vs seeing it from a distance with LS. How does the detail compare?

the images hummingbird has on the website of the new megaimaging PLUS are impressive. Probably wouldnt switch to humminbird but debating livescope or uhd di.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    IMO, there is just no comparison cause the DI is a "still" picutre while the LS is a "picture" that is constantly "refreshing".....i just dont think you will have the detail on LS like DI.....i also look at it this way, UHD would be used to find structure, etc. and once you find it you would use LS to catch on that structure or whatever else it may be.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    I am currently running a livescope. The "Detail" of the brushpile varies greatly as you pan the transducer "cone" back and forth past it. It also varies greatly depending on the scale and how close you are to the brushpile. I would say that the DI or SI picture may appear clearer mostly because the perspective is different. With that said, I also believe the Live scope shows more "detail". The one aspect of the live scope that I really love is the ability to find a brushpile. I really believe it is easier to find the piles with the livescope than it is with SI because of the ability to pan it around an area.

Just my $.02

7. Banned
    Thats exactly how i hone in on a waypointed brush pile.

8. Member
    It definitely reduces the time it takes to locate it, and get a lure in it. I have also found a lot of brushpiles already while fishing that I never new existed. Sad truth is that every piece of technology is a tool, and no one tool does it all. The cost makes everybody try to pick one tool to do everything and in the end the more specialty tools you have, the easier it is to do the job and better you can do it.