tx 190 transducer

Hi All, I was curious where your transducers are mounted and how they work at speed. Mine is to right of motor about 1 foot. I noticed at bass pro, theres are on left side. Mine doesn't work above 15 MPH. Anyone having good luck with a picture of location? Also, I have been searching for a front transducer mount that is separate from trolling motor. Ive seen kayak models but that's it. Looking to avoid interference and pinched cables. Has anyone seen anything like that? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Member
    Sorry, I just saw another thread where joe3buck3 posted the location, looks great. Ill still take info on front mount if anyone has info, thanks.

3. Member
    My Helix12 si transducer is mounted on the left side of my TX190 but it should not matter. I can read everything (SI/DI/2D) to my max speed of 50mph. Obviously SI&DI readings at this speed are useless but the fact that I can clearly see the bottom contours is pretty awesome. That is because I viewed a neat YouTube video on leveling the transducer properly. I have had several individuals tell me that this should not make any difference but until I did it I could not get clear readings past about 10mph. The only reason I can figure is that my un-leveled transducer must have been generating turbulence. All I know is I made this simple change and miraculously it now reads perfectly. Since doing mine I have installed two Helix units for friends on their TX175s and both read perfectly at max speed. Try it. It costs nothing.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

Here is mine. I have great images on the totalscan up to plane running. But it’s because I choose to mount it high on the transom so it won’t get knocked off. And I use a 2D skimmer for on plane running. I get clear screen and bottom lock at wot. To different transducers on the same Carbon uint. With two different sources I can choose which source on a panel. So my map with 2D split for running. Anytime I choose split panels. So I’ll sometimes choose uint source from the totalscan when fishing or idling around. But choose the screenshot with the split 2D map, because it automatically goes to the skimmer transducer.

With all that said, you have to mount whichever transducer that it dedicated for WOT, has to be mounted on the step.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Where glenn has his 2d skimmer mounted is the best place for on plane readings. Either side of the boat is fine as long as its under the step on the transom in that general area. I havr mine there also and get good readings to 55 mph.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Where glenn has his 2d skimmer mounted is the best place for on plane readings. Either side of the boat is fine as long as its under the step on the transom in that general area. I havr mine there also and get good readings to 55 mph.
    I agree.

7. Member
    Thanks so much!. just got boat a few months ago, has the ultrex, Im buying 2 elite 9 at the bass pro black friday if I can. Will get prop for 115 4 stroke before spring and move motor to proper hole, I forgot but lots said about that. I cant believe how nice the factory covers are for these, best I ever had

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianl View Post
    Thanks so much!. just got boat a few months ago, has the ultrex, Im buying 2 elite 9 at the bass pro black friday if I can. Will get prop for 115 4 stroke before spring and move motor to proper hole, I forgot but lots said about that. I cant believe how nice the factory covers are for these, best I ever had
    SCORE, 2 elite 9TI for 600 each, snow should be gone by april if Im lucky

Thats a good deal on the graphs. Gonna be a great setup. I agree on the cover dowco makes a very nice cover for these boats. Been very happy with mine.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.