ultrex handle/cable upgrade

Had a "red one" brand for my motor guide tour on the boat I just sold. It worked well for me. My new boat will have an ultrex on it and was wondering what/IF any handle upgrades were any improvement over what it comes with?
    Thanks

I comes with a metal cable and a very stout T handle. Don't know how it could be improved on.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    Don’t ever believe it when they say “oh these cables can’t be broken” cause they can I broke the stock one on my ultrex. Fixed it on the water and it was good for another 8 months or so until I replaced it with a hybrid I guess you could call it. I used the Red One cable but I had a T-H handle laying around and I like it way better than the T-type handles so I used it.

4. Member
    can I use the “Red One” cable off my Fortrex , on a new Ultrex?...

5. Member
    get the bobs big D and be done

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    THIS

TTT

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    This again!

^^ 10-4. Had a "red one" on my sterling and did like the fact that it got the handle stowed up off the deck. Does not appear to be the case with the Bob's big D..?

10. Banned
    Paracord works amazing and for the price of those over priced cords you can do 100 boats.

Just a heads up for the Ultrex..
    If Your having to jerk the whiz out of the handle to release it, odds are the mount base is in a bind and needs leveled. Also be aware the steering cable assembly on the head is VERY easy to break if care is not taken with the release cable when deploying and racking.
    Work smarter not harder.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Just a heads up for the Ultrex..
    If Your having to jerk the whiz out of the handle to release it, odds are the mount base is in a bind and needs leveled. Also be aware the steering cable assembly on the head is VERY easy to break if care is not taken with the release cable when deploying and racking.
    Work smarter not harder.
    To expand on the mount base in a bind. When you install the Ultrex (or a Fortrex), before connecting the shock (makes it easier but can be done with the shock connected) and the motor not yet attached to the mono arm but with the base mounted, move the upper arm from stowed to deployed and watch the sides of the mono arm as it approaches the mount. If it isn't centered when the latchbar meets the motor rest, then the mount is in a twist and should be adjusted by loosening the tightness of bolts. If it has to be loosened to the point where there is no tension on that bolt, then it should be shimmed between the deck and the mount base. When the mono arm will go between the motor rest on the base in a centered position, then the mount is not in a twist.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]