1979 evinrude 150 need advise for pressure gauge install

Hey I want to install a water pressure gauge since I’ll be adding a jack plate, I don’t feel like the tee off the tell tail stream is accurate, is there a better way to install one??

2. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    The "T" is just fine.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

3. Member
    Will it read any pressure being it’s right next to the outlet?? I was thinking of taking water jacket off to drill and tap it, but if that’s how it goes I’ll just leave it

4. Member
    It may not look like it, but taking the water jacket off is a major chore, unless it's been off recently. Like omcforever said, the T works just fine.

5. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Anywhere behind the tstats(water jackets) there will be pressure bleed slightly(not enough to matter) because of the T so it dosent matter if you drill into it. Gonna be the same. T is fine,,,if you had to remove the jacket, chances are being that old you will snap off some of the 1/4x20 mounting bolts and thats not fun.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

6. Member
    Yes, and probably bend the water jacket.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    Yes, and probably bend the water jacket.
    what would bend the jacket??

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    Anywhere behind the tstats(water jackets) there will be pressure bleed slightly(not enough to matter) because of the T so it dosent matter if you drill into it. Gonna be the same. T is fine,,,if you had to remove the jacket, chances are being that old you will snap off some of the 1/4x20 mounting bolts and thats not fun.
    i was able to remove it today no issue it needed to be taken off to put new gasket in had a small leak, I ended up not tapping it didn’t have the correcttal or bit I’ll just keep it where it is

9. Member
    Good job! I've never bent a water jacket, but I have seen the results of them being stuck so bad that prying on it bent it. One of the fun things in having employees.