Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post

FWIW, we don't diet. We just have a chosen lifestyle. Ice cream is my buddy.
    And I'll be the first to trash a slab of tiramisu - before hiking the mountain.
    Please tell us about this "mountain" you hike in Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    Let em go, let em grow
    Costco steelhead is farm raised.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    Watermelon full of sugar yes...blueberries some sugar but low glycemic index and full of antioxidants. Berries are the best fruits to eat in terms of sugar and glycemic index.
    Glycemic index is the deal. Most fruits package all that sugar with a bunch of fiber, which slows that absorption of that sugar. I would still not gorge on fruit, but it is nowhere near as bad to eat sugar laden fruit as it is to eat candy, or even to drink the juice of that fruit, which extracts the sugar, but leaves the fiber behind.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Please tell us about this "mountain" you hike in Florida!
    No mountains here, you'd be surprised at the hills and bluffs. You WILL get a workout.
    We mostly hike the Appalachian Trail, due to closer proximity. Do it every summer.
    However, we're supposed to have a lot more time this summer. Going to the PCT to hike.
    We've been all over. Hiking, fishing, boating ... anything outdoors is our passion in life.
    I've hiked west (Olympic) and south (Rainier) of you. Family on the Olympic peninsula.
    It's really pretty out there. Clouds/rain don't bother us as hikers. Heat is our enemy.

And we're thrilled when we get out there, salmon is so incredibly fresh and available.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Costco steelhead is farm raised.
    I kinda figured that.

6. Member
    The only fish I'll eat is what I catch myself or from someone else that I know was caught and where from.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123