Get rid of the Panoptix to install live vu ?

So, just got another boat with Garmin and it has a 21 panoptix on the trolling motor. Do I remove this to install live view transducer? Just want to know what is involved with this installation. I have had panoptix before, and did not really care for it for my way of fishing, but am really wanting to try live view. Thanks
    2017 Phoenix 920 ProXP, with Evinrude 250HO G2 and 8" Power Poles

2. Member
    Let gets the terminology. LiveVu pertains to PS21, PS22, PS30. It can be Forward and/or Down. You already have LiveVu Forward with the PS21. So I'm assuming that you mean the new LiveScope. I don't guess I get the question. You had Panoptix before and didn't like it. So pull the PS21 off and put the LiveScope on.

The installation is different in terms of how the transducer attaches to the TM. Critical that you download the installation instructions and decide ahead of time how you want it mounted. I suggest the shaft mount and the position for LiveScope Forward.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Yes, figured this out as soon as I wrote it. LiveScope looks pretty cool and finding lots of info on line about width of the beam, installation, etc. I think I will be giving this a try in the spring. Thanks
    2017 Phoenix 920 ProXP, with Evinrude 250HO G2 and 8" Power Poles

Depends if your head unit supports Livescope. Since it has a PS21 on it I would suspect possibly not.

5. Member
    Definitely check if your MFD supports LiveScope. I can’t imagine how you couldn’t love LiveScope.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

I want to get in on this as well. I am purchasing a Echomap Plus 93sv and wanting to install a PS21 on the shaft of the trolling motor. The PS21 is Panoptix Live what I want or do I want the PS 22? As well is there anything else needed for this to work?
    Last edited by Wil Holmes; 11-21-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    Garmin Stiker 7sv and 7cv
    2017 Crestliner VT17 - Mercury 60 4S

7. Member
    The PS21 is live but it is not LiveScope. The PS21 will give you a live forward look at what you are pointing it at but the LVS32 transducer with the GLS10 box will give you LiveScope. The LiveScope is basically regular Panoptix on steroids.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Holmes View Post
    I want to get in on this as well. I am purchasing a Echomap Plus 93sv and wanting to install a PS21 on the shaft of the trolling motor. The PS21 is Panoptix Live what I want or do I want the PS 22? As well is there anything else needed for this to work?
    I prefer the PS22 over the PS21 even when using LiveVu Forward. Actually there are times that I prefer the PS22 over the LiveScope, like today. I would see fish on the PS22 and then look on the LiveScope and yes they were there, but I hadn't noticed them. On the PS22 they are hard to miss. When I have the range and depth out there the targets on the LiveScope can get quite small. It's same situation with side imaging. Long ranges make very small targets. These old eyes sometimes need a larger target.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    LWIN- its that time of year again. Absolutely hooked on my PS22/93SV Echomap Chirp (nonplus). Been on the fence on Livescope. Mainly fish rivers, rocks, grass 2-15' of water with 50 reach. The PS22 is excellent search and contour tool. It does great for showing fish but still gettiing tuned into striper, cat, bass, crappie and bait. With my down vu/sonar I am getting better. What size screen with Livescope would replace the PS22 as search tool? Or should i just get another but 94sv plus for intracoastal / rivers for sidevu/downvu/ new mapping upfront for on the move shallow bash fishing?

10. Member
    Plus 93sv is plenty good. 92,93. or 94 - all the same. I run it all the time with 70 ft range and I do well if I can just leave it there. Where I get in trouble is when fishing is tough and I run it out to 100. That's just a little too much for these old eyes and that's where the PS22 returns are still big enough to be easy to see. If you mainly run it at 50 you'll be very pleased. The problem I have now is I can't seem to give up either one for just the other. What I'd like is a side by side screen with LiveScope on the left set 0-60 and PS22 on the right set 60-120 or more. Can't set the PS22 to start at 60 though. Has to start at 0.

Love when the OP posts and runs LOL :)

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Love when the OP posts and runs LOL :)

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I prefer the PS22 over the PS21 even when using LiveVu Forward. Actually there are times that I prefer the PS22 over the LiveScope, like today. I would see fish on the PS22 and then look on the LiveScope and yes they were there, but I hadn't noticed them. On the PS22 they are hard to miss. When I have the range and depth out there the targets on the LiveScope can get quite small. It's same situation with side imaging. Long ranges make very small targets. These old eyes sometimes need a larger target.
    Was messing around with the new 93+ on the couch today and noticed the improved bottom fill on Livescope.

Have you tried it?

14. Member
    Yes. When I first started using Panoptix I needed the Bottom Fill like a security blanket, just to keep my mind oriented. It helped. I do recommend it for new users.

15. Member
    On the Livescope demo it looked like a live version of Lowrance's palette 13. That's a good thing.