Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Or fax...

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRCM View Post
    The gripe is, everyone thinks everyone else should be like them, and when they aren't, they poke fun at you, call you old fashioned, or a dinosaur, or say you are behind the times........you know the deal

I have a landline that I use daily....
    1) to get rid of it would actually cost me more money then keeping it
    2) all the telemarketers have that number, so I just don't answer it
    3) if I lose or destroy my cell, I can still use the phone
    4) I don't care who else does or doesn't have or use a landline, but I do
    5) I occasionally get to rib those who have no landline when they couldn't call cuz their cell was totally dead

Paperless bills........
    1) I don't like it cuz I use the paper bill as part of my filing/bill paying system
    2) if your computer and/or phone gets a glitch, how will you see your bill ?
    3) how can I review my bill if their website is down

The cloud....huh....how many times has personal info been stolen from them ?

Social media........this website is the closest to social media I get.....period.

Yes, I still write several checks every month, but do pay most of my bills online

Yes, I wash my dishes by hand

Yes, I mend and alter my clothes as needed myself...even have and know how to use a sewing machine for such things

Yes, I wear a belt to hold my pants up

Yes, I think you should wear a suit/tie or at least a tie when going to church or court

Yes, I am old fashioned in a lot of ways, and whether I have changed/upgraded to be like you or not.....................it works for me. That's all that matters.

It may bug me for a little while or make me mad if someone tries to insult me, but in the long run, as long as it doesn't truly hurt me or my family or friends, I'll usually forget about it within a few hours.
    Makes 2 of us !

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    It's all good until the phone takes a dive into the lake or you lose it, then you have to start all over again. I couldn't call my family's cell phones because you don't dial numbers anymore just use names.
    Seems you do not know that you are supposed to connect you cell phone to your computer every night so it is synced and backed up.

P01135809

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Seems you do not know that you are supposed to connect you cell phone to your computer every night so it is synced and backed up.
    Say whaaaaaatt?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    Do you have a subscription or something. I tried it and it wants $4.99 to give me a report
    Nope. whitepages.com. You don't need to log in or sign up. Just type his last night and zipcode and hit search.

you have not lived with a party line......

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I used white pages with no issue the other day. Got the correct number right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike198P View Post
    Say whaaaaaatt?
    I will assume you are being sarcastic. If not, let me know and I will explain it.

P01135809

Once a year we get a phone phone book thrown in the driveway and every year I throw it in the trash.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Landlines are for old people who are afraid of change...
    Just wait until there’s some sort of issue that has everyone getting on their cell phone to make a call. When you can’t get on a tower due to the traffic you will wish you had a landline.

There was a 5.8 earthquake near Richmond in 2011 that could be felt up and down the coast. So many people tried calling on cell phones the networks were swamped for hours.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

11. Member
    With regard to Land Lines. Some people who insist on having them....really don't have them.

One of the largest providers is putting a lot of their customers on FiberOptic. They say it is so much faster, and it is. But, I believe that the FiberOptic connection is through a modem in the house. Therefore, when the power goes out, one no longer has a separate " LandLine " as they did before.

It may have that old "land line" phone number, but it is connected to the web and won't work in a hurricane as the old ones did.

p.s. I do not have that system, but hope that people who think they do, would check it out.

12. Member
    I will assume you are being sarcastic. If not, let me know and I will explain it.
    ready here!

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post

I don't know what the average is, but I bet the average person changes cell phone numbers every 2 or 3 years for one reason or another.
    I think it would be just the complete opposite. I’d say it’s less than 10% of the people ever do it. I can only recall a couple times Ever that I had friend call me and say hey I got a new number. Unless your a criminal or have a crazy ex, I highly doubt anyone wants to change their phone number. You can change phone carriers to who ever and they’ll carry over your old number. I can’t imagine if I ever had to do it. Holly hell that would be a huge pain in the ass.

14. Member
    Yea I'm lost
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I think it would be just the complete opposite. I’d say it’s less than 10% of the people ever do it. I can only recall a couple times Ever that I had friend call me and say hey I got a new number. Unless your a criminal or have a crazy ex, I highly doubt anyone wants to change their phone number. You can change phone carriers to who ever and they’ll carry over your old number. I can’t imagine if I ever had to do it. Holly hell that would be a huge pain in the ass.
    I don't know what the specific situation is with them, but I have some opinions. I think some of them may be using pay as you go phones with the cards that you buy at Wal Mart. They get behind, the phone gets cut off, they get a new phone and new number. The story may even be the same with regular carriers, I don't know. We have a lot of people around here who don't pay their bills on time, ask anyone who has to chase money in their business. I've had bosses ask me, "Why don't you have more EFT draft accounts?" The reason is many around here don't have bank accounts. They have cold checked people to the point that if they tried to open a bank account somewhere the bank would confiscate their money for the cold checks they already owe.

Like I said, I'm an oddity. I've had the same phone numbers for almost 3 decades. I've also had the same bank and currently have one of the oldest savings accounts on their books @ almost 50 years old. The bank has actually been bought out 3 times since my savings account and for that matter my checking account were opened. I have EFT payers who change banks about ever 4 or 5 months. It would drive me nuts to do that, but to each his own I guess.

16. Member
    As far as "connecting to your computer to sync it every night"..you can click a setting in your phone and it will auto-sync anytime you are near your own system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Yea I'm lost
    If you plug your phone into your computer each night it will be charged and a backup created(if you have set it up correctly). With iPhone, iTunes opens and sync and backups your phone to the cloud. If you loose your phone, drop it in the lake or otherwise destroy it, you stop at a store, buy another and the geek squad will have all your data on your new phone in about two minutes.

P01135809

18. Member
    If you plug your phone into your computer each night it will be charged and a backup created(if you have set it up correctly). With iPhone, iTunes opens and sync and backups your phone to the cloud. If you loose your phone, drop it in the lake or otherwise destroy it, you stop at a store, buy another and the geek squad will have all your data on your new phone in about two minutes.
    I have an android (S4) don't know anything about this.

19. Member
    I believe that if you are using Chrome (many androids come with it installed) it will do all of the backups etc. automatically. Stop by your provider (Verizon, ATT, etc.) and they should be able to see if you already have it set up, or set it up for you.

I use Gmail and Chrome and Google Calendar and everything else that Google offers for free. It is all integrated.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    I believe that if you are using Chrome (many androids come with it installed) it will do all of the backups etc. automatically. Stop by your provider (Verizon, ATT, etc.) and they should be able to see if you already have it set up, or set it up for you.

I use Gmail and Chrome and Google Calendar and everything else that Google offers for free. It is all integrated.
    That's what I was planning, as I'm technically challenged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123