Learn Me On My New Powerpole

Bought my first rig a few weeks back (used). Has an 8 foot power pole on it purchased in 2014. When the owner used in our walk around it worked but was sluggish and loud, when I got it home the poles wouldn't move at all. Now fortunately the boat was priced to where pole was basically free so I'm not concerned that it may require some work but I have couple questions. Specs are below.

Sportsman 2 (SAE-J1171) Pump CM-SPN2N

1. I can hear the motor run but the pole doesn't move. I researched how to take it apart and put new fluid in it and clean off the screen, if I was a betting man I'd think it's that, would you guys agree?

2. It's the pole aesthetically has faded and has seen better days. I have a guy I'm friends with through our companies who offered to powder coat it for me for free, how easy is it disassemble and reassemble?

Should I try to handle of this in the same time frame to avoid having to disassemble/reassemble more than once?

2. Member
    Make sure you are full on fluid then go out to deep water and bleed them by putting them all the way down for 30-45 secs, do this a few times and they should work correctly. I'm sure someone will chime in with more specific instructions, I just gave you the gist of it.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    Make sure you are full on fluid then go out to deep water and bleed them by putting them all the way down for 30-45 secs, do this a few times and they should work correctly. I'm sure someone will chime in with more specific instructions, I just gave you the gist of it.
    Thanks Jeff, do you mean once I get this fixed I should prime them by doing this? At the moment I can't them to move at all

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Could be blocked screens which you can clean by dropping the res and spray with brake clean or similar. Generally when the screens get gummed up the pump will pull hard enough to collapse the screens. Pop the screens off and re shape or replace. Add new fluid and go.

OR if the pump is very loud it can be an internal issue issue.

If your going to Powder Coat the U channels it may be a good idea to send the pump to Power Pole and have them clean/flow it for you. They have a quick turn around time.

Taking the pole apart and putting back together is pretty straight forward. Considering the age of the pole, you may want to take the opportunity to buy a bushing kit assembly and use the new hardware for re assembly.

After this it sounds like you would be good as new

5. Member
    i am scooped a lightly used PP2 pro up. with that being said if you need any i mean any replacement parts EMAIL powerpole directly . the anchor spike for instance has a lifetime warranty if yours is worn send a picture and they send out a new one free of charge!. along with that decals , o-rings which can tear . all of that i have on the way !. along with that if you dont want to tear down the power pole for powder coating another option is to wrap them . super cheap...

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    What is the cost to hydro dip a pair of 8’ blades? That looks nice!

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyed View Post
    What is the cost to hydro dip a pair of 8’ blades? That looks nice!
    pm me would be happy to provide you price shipping can be the killer however.